New tx200 HC .177

I used 600 wet dry paper up to 1500 I believe. Don't remember which grits, but I started with a 600, then worked up using different grits finishing with the 1500. Degreased with brake cleaner. Vised the parts so they did not move. Wrapped the sand paper around an old spring to polish the inside of the tube. I used very minimal lubrication. A lighter than light coat on the spring, and then a light coating anywhere there would be friction. It was a very minute amount. It took me a couple of hours total to do but was well worth the effort.

Beautiful rifle and nice shooting! You can be proud of that one : ) Thank for sharing the details of your build.

After many, many tunes on TX's, 97's, Pro-Sports and even an HW98, my TX200 HC remains my favorite! I agree with your assessment regarding the 12 fpe vs FAC. I started all my tunes in the FAC range, but eventually settled on 12 fpe builds. Smooth, extremely accurate and easier on the optics. After testing with both Vortek 12 fpe and Maccari 12 fpe, I kept the Maccari 12 fpe. I felt that it was softer on the shot. Like you I had all internals polished up. I also installed a Maccari Tesla main seal, Maccari Tough Kore Breech seals and re-lubed with Vortek Moly 70+. In addition to this I stripped the trigger group, honed the sears and relubed. Smooth as glass. Added a few goodies from Rowan Engineering and that was it. Sub 1/2" groups at 50 yards were routine with absolute single hole at 30 yards. Awesome rifles!!!

Steve

So I received the TBT short stroke tuning kit yesterday and after careful consideration, installed it. From this kit, I used only the extension and left the vortek pg2 spring and top hat. I believe I have found the winning combination. I recently purchased an LGV which I am quite smitten with. I firmly stand by my statements on the lgv, however, if you have the money to do what I have to my TX, well, you won’t be disappointed. I have the HC model which now shoots equally well regardless of hold. It is shooting at a hair over 11 fpe. The pellet is down range before the slight nudge that is ‘recoil’ is felt. The shot cycle is very very fast. It shoots as well off a bag as it does off the hand. Regardless of hold there is no poi shift. I can honestly say I am satisfied with its performance now and will not be doing any further modifications. I highly suggest trying this combination. I will post some groups within the week as I have the time. Of the 3 springers I currently own, this is now the most accurate for me. I won’t be putting the new LGV down anytime soon, but for the time being, this TX is the king but it did not come this way.

Thanks for all the nfo. I'm out of touch on these newer ones, I do recall when the MKII ( and maybe III but before fish scales) first came out putting the short stroke piston was THE ticket. I'd never heard of this kit you used and surfed it up, sounds like a great bit of kit - so the speak - for the TX. 
Let us know how it holds up.

John

I think this is what you used?
TX200/Prosport Short Stroke Extension[/QUOTE]http://www.airrifletuning.com/product/tx200-prosport-short-stroke-extension/embed/

"Ag5643"I forgot to mention that besides being an amazing platform now, an additional benefit is the annoying ratchet noise is no longer present when cocking. Cocking time is also cut in half now.
Great write up thanks for sharing, so am I understanding the short stroke correctly as I am thinking it as the piston seal that is taller then the stock one?? 

cant wait to see them groups

So after multiple shooting sessions I have some very pleasing results to share. I have a top dollar call girl now in this tx, and she absolutely loves $.99 cheese burgers. Of all pellets tested, and I tested a lot, it appears the crossman hollow points 7.9 grains from Walmart are the pellet of choice. I was very impressed with the performance of the 7.87 jsb’s, then on a whim I tried the crossmans. They are shooting at 10.6 fpe. Very very accurate. I’ll try to post some groups today after work for you guys. Yes Spysir, that’s the extension. I used that extension with the full pg2 12fpe kit. Davemac, I think the seal is relatively the same size, however there is a machined aluminum bit that you fasten into place in replace of the factory seal. 

First 5 shot group fired when I got home. Walked through the door, grabbed the TX, put some dots on some cardboard and fired 5 rounds. I apologize for that flier. I knew when I pressed it in the breach it might fly astray. Went in pretty loose. These are unsorted straight from Wally World. 25 yards. Front was setting on my hand which was resting on a bag. 
2b5f1accaf4e41345d005617fb7560f5.jpg