• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New to Slugs; Where Do I Start for a FX King in .25?

Hey, everyone. I’m wondering if I can pull on your coat about something:
I’ve been shooting/pesting with pellets for quite a number of years; recently, I ordered the new FX King, and I figure this is an excellent time to move to slugs.

Could you make brand and grain recommendations of set ups that have worked for you? If there are any King shooters out there, what slugs are you shooting?

Here are a few considerations:
1. The King is .25
2. It’ll have a 600 mil barrel.
3. I’d like to shoot heavier slugs for hunting.

Thanks in advance for your timer and consideration.

Reactions: dgeesaman
I haven't been able to stretch my testing out to longer ranges yet for a couple of reasons, but attached is where I am with the initial set-up and indoor slug testing at short range. Perhaps this will help you....

Slug testing results.18 yards.12.10.23.jpg

I haven't been able to stretch my testing out to longer ranges yet for a couple of reasons, but attached is where I am with the initial set-up and indoor slug testing at short range. Perhaps this will help you....

View attachment 417960
Thank you for this. It will, I’m sure, prove to be tremendously helpful. Thanks for giving me an excellent starting point, bdzjlz! Perfectly, my zero (the shooting distance in my back yard) is 18 yards.

Reactions: bdzjlz