• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

new to pcp

Money and pcp airguns go together like bread on a sandwich. What price range are you investing in? Today, unlike ten years ago, there are almost unlimited choices available to you. Now that Turkey and China have tossed their hats into the pcp arena there is an abundant choice ranging from $150 to $2000, depending on what your use is going to be.

Don't forget to look on the Classifieds on this forum. You can sometimes find a very good to excellent condition used gun out there wanting a new home!!!

Big price difference in the two you mentioned?

I always lean towards the Marauder for newbies. They are a time proven platform and the mods are endless. Too many new guns on the market to keep up with now days.

I had a .25 Marauder and would recommend it.

I had a .22 Gamo Urban and would recommend it.

I would think the Gauntlet would be as good or better than the Gamo.

Not familiar enough with the Hatsan brands.

Hardair Magazine has good info on what you're considering.

https://hardairmagazine.com/news/the-hatsan-bullboss-pcp-air-rifle/

https://hardairmagazine.com/reviews/bullpup-turkish-pcps-battle-comparison-review/

https://hardairmagazine.com/reviews/umarex-gauntlet-25-caliber-pcp-air-rifle/

Welcome to the dark side and good luck in your choice.

Fuss

I narrowed down my choice to the Marauder and the Gauntlet. The deciding factor for me was consistency and reports of shifting POI on the Gauntlet. With good pellets, half inch groups at 25 are fairly common. I bought a Marauder in .177 and now I want something in 22 caliber. I got good advice on this forum and from some (not all) Youtube reviews and hunting videos.

Found the .25 on clearance

Good deal.

I've got a friend who just customized his .177 Gauntlet for Field Target Competition. He hasn't been to the first match with it yet, but I'm waiting to hear the results, as he was a seasoned FT shooter up until a few years ago. He was shooting Steyrs and Thomas FT rifles and just up and sold all his gear. He's re-entering this year at the other end of the spectrum ;-)

1549236905_20939652535c577aa93d44c0.46100355_image1.jpeg

I narrowed down my choice to the Marauder and the Gauntlet. The deciding factor for me was consistency and reports of shifting POI on the Gauntlet. With good pellets, half inch groups at 25 are fairly common. I bought a Marauder in .177 and now I want something in 22 caliber. I got good advice on this forum and from some (not all) Youtube reviews and hunting videos.

Slim,I picked up my .177. Gauntlet as a refurb from Field Supply for $199.90 w/free shipping. Did some modest cleaning/polishing and adjusting. Love It!

The .25 is on my radar for later this year. Along with a few others.

Mike

Thanks all looking to try it out. I can get the gauntlet for 300 or the bullboss for 325. I know the bullboss is not regulated but seems to have a low variance. I've shot springers for probably 25 yrs.

My two cents...when in doubt...get the gun with a regulator! All unregulated guns have a bell curve in velocity which can affect accuracy at longer distances. I've owned both, and the regulated gun always exceeded my expectations. I didn't need to adjust my crosshairs when the air pressure got low, and the regulator helped me know exactly when to refill.

I have a .22 Gauntlet and it qualified me for the NUAH (Nothing Under A Hundred Yards) Club. So far, it’s completely stock other than a trigger adjustment. I’ve had it for well over a year now and no problems other than bolt probe o ring replacement. I hear the .25’s are improved with a barrel band. I do have to be careful not to bump the barrel. If you’re a hunter, I might go with the Marauder for that reason. Check Hajimoto on line, he’s the Gauntlet guru. Also, I REALLY like regulated guns. 

Agree with Dbez1- Have 2 Gauntlets(.22&.25) Made expert on N.u.a.h with the .22 & .25 is getting 1" groups @ 65. Easy to mod. for cheap (added bigger bottle to both, boosted Reg. output on both, put Jsar tune kit($70) on .22 (waiting for .25 version) & both are very accurate & good shot count- got 50 good ones off .25 yesterday from 879-859(fell off reg.)