• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Taipan Mutant std!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus... I share a little excitement about a new gun and out come the personal agendas, and repeated soapbox naysayers. FFS, the Taipan barrel issues were with the Shorty, not the Standard. I am very pleased with mine so far. Own one before you cast stones. This platform appears to be very well made. The test target is one hole with JSB 18.1's averaging 929fps.

SniperQ has been banned on just about every forum coz he bashed the mutant any chance he could get because he was pushing the Vulcan. I own both, greatest Airgun purchases I have made by a large mile. YMMV, but until you've owned either zip it.

Amoxom mate, just start a new thread about your experiences with this rifle and let this tread drop out. Templar is obviously a fake login from one of the banned guys who are here to knock products that they don't sell. The kind of conspiracy stories they get all turned on about belong in the National Enquirer (or the NT News for Australian's - love a good crocodile pic!). I am very interested to hear about your experiences with your rifle.

And for all the knockers out there unless the thread is titled "Please tell me all the conspiracy stories about rifle..." keep your bulls#%t to yourself.

I am Australian and we have really good bulls#%t meters down under!

Chris in Oz

Cool guys here on this thread ...And a couple jerks just needing something to bitch about I guess . Anyway back to the new gun , Amoxom what really surprised me was how Easy it was too shoot off the bench !!!!
I am a huge Cricket fan no doubt , but honestly the Mutant was just effortless to shoot off bags .. The cricket would shoot no doubt , But you kinda gotta steer it as you shoot , the Mutant just goes off and there's a hole in the center ..I'm not a World Famous PCP Jedi Master like SniperQT or nothing so I shouldn't be able to post but I did anyway .
Guys complain about different forums , and the way they are run . But I enjoy several of them and love finding out new stuff about guns and all the goodies that go along with them . Michael will eventually step in on this thread but its a shame he will have to .
There is a particular brand of air rifle I have had not very good luck with but I'll be Damned before I piss on someone else's fun of enjoying their latest purchase and try and take away from their excitement.
If the Mutants not your thing then just skip over the thread and find something you do enjoy chatting about .
But for he guys lucky enough to have owned one they are a blast and oddly addictive

If my buddy hadn't confiscated mine I honestly can't think of a modification I would a made to mine as it was . Which anyone who's seen any of my guns KNOWS I'll tear one apart in a heartbeat lol.... Mine had that kinda dark plum/black stock but even that weird looking thing was growing on me .
But the piece of wood on yours .WOW !!! A gorgeous gun that'll shoot like that is like a beautiful woman that can cook ...What else could you want !??
Can't wait to see pics of the groups you shoot . My buddies shoots the heavies really well but also shoots the lighter 22JSB I think they are like 14 grains or so well too . We haven't tried the new Polymag shorts but I heard about somebody saying they shoot really good too !
I never adjusted Anything on line trigger included but if you wanna see something cool , check out the insides when you clean it and oil up everything ...I posted it before but no poop , the trigger group parts remind me off an old school watch gears .
Alright I'm gonna stop texting about that gun before I end up ordering me another one ..Post groups !!! Keep us updated

You won't believe how close I was to purchasing that Mutant standard especially with the great deals Tony has going on right now at TalonTunes but I saw one of our cool members here was willing to get rid of a certain laser gun that I will keep secret until it gets here next week. But I will eventually own a mutant. Great purchase amoxom I'm a little jealous.

Hey TROLLING Undertaker - you might want to do just a bit more research on the (not personal experience) information you are "passing along". Keep reading the post, not gun/barrel from the factory. Look at the conversation about the reseller of the gun.........and go TROLL elsewhere. It's really getting old on this website. I find myself visiting here less and less due to guy like yourself, old timer, tactical.........and what other names have YOU posted under?

Reactions: cally88
I tend to agree with the undertaker that there seems to be no one in charge of production quality over there at taipan. It would be nice if somebody from that company explain to us what is going on with their production pipe line. BSA people eventually did explain when they had this many issues with batches of defective R10's. This seems to be the same case.

I would love to be able to read about this rifle somewhere without the input of those with an agenda on either side of the aisle pushing it. Every person that I've been able to find that owns one (with the notable exception of the few here) loves it. Accuracy and consistency seems amazing. The machine work in the trigger mechanism alone is remarkable. Yet for some reason, those vocal few keep popping up and forcing the shut down of every dang thread. How many times do we have to see this pattern? Guy buys a rifle, loves it, it shoots great, naysayers appear out of nowhere and spew bile until the thread is shut down. Enough already! If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. 

Reactions: ajshoots
Thanks Mod2.

Its really unfortunate that most of the people who deal with the Mutant have an agenda against Airgun Nation. I’m talking about the vendors of the Mutant, the owner & administrator of TAG (who was pressured by the importers to remove certain topics about the Mutant), the owner & administrator of the Yellow (who encourages negative talk about us, our sponsors & their products), and the people who monetarily influence these sites and their network of retailers.

The Mutant got off to a pretty rough start; claims of improper barrels, questions about its origins, questions about their markup, promises made but never fulfilled, retail owners selling their businesses (likely to avoid false advertising lawsuits), and the importers threatening to sue our members because they shed light on the false advertising of the original Mutants. How could we possibly support these people?

Its really a shame that there are so many entities causing so much trouble in the airgun industry. Importers, retailers, and pawns, should stay out of these discussions. A product should speak for itself. Period

Status
Not open for further replies.