• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

new shooter have trouble with accuracy

I disagree with tony my murader .25 cal was awful at first until I used a wire brush with a good scrub and now it shoots great also I'm pretty sure its not a good idea to put wd-40 in your barrel as it can cause what's know as dieseling and last I check that's not the best route to go

​but I will say this most of use deter form using a wire/copper brush to avoid damaging the barrel if I really have to I now have tornado brushes for my guns and they work
wonderful
so if you can stick with running a wet solvent patch threw then a bunch of dry and of course you'll need to put a few good rounds threw the gun before the groups will tighten up

Often it is not the rifle, but rather a change in shooting technique that is the problem - as most of today's modern air rifles shoot better than the owner can. There are some great reads about shot patterns with an accompanying diagnosis of what the cause of the wayward shots may be; that you might consider reading. As for bronze brushes, bronze is far softer than steel which is what your barrel is made of.