• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Rifle in the House

Well I've gone and taken the plunge and have moved away from my can do Daystates. I gone and bought a HW100 in .177 another change as I always go for .22.

Why the change well for one the stock is almost identical to my DS Saxon so will complement it.

Why .177 well I'm moving over to target shooting and have heard good thing about the HW. My mate owns a HW and leant me his for a week and yes it convinced me.

I was giving serious thought to buying the Impact but after the reviews giving it a hard time I changed my mind.

i do like the look of the new Crown it looks realy good. I may take the plunge on one when or if they hit the UK.

I have fitted the HW with one of my White Tail Clasics for and it's a good match she is shooting realy well.

I have had my 177 HW100 for about a decade now. Great shooting gun, wonderfully engineered. I shoot mine a lot, perhaps more than most. I,m on my thied set of seals. My model has a steel piston sleeve in it's regulator. The first two times, I sent it out to be resealed, the last time I did it myself. I replaced the factory seals that failed (perhaps not their fault, I shoot it a lot ) with VITON from oringsandmore.com. For lrss than 20.00, I got 25 sets of seals that includes the piston seal, piston sleeve seal and the valve plug seal. Easily replaced. I bought a gauge from hw100tuning to set up the regulator pressure. The gun is now shooting better than it ever has. at 25 yards, my back yard, it easily puts 10 JSB pellets through the same hole or making just a slightly larger ragged hole than a pellet passing through the cardboard. At 50 yards, 1 in metal swingers are just plain boring. 

I have used this gun to clear out rats in a very urban environment, for field target and no, to keep in tune, sniping flies. The gun is super fun to shoot. I also bought the single shot adapter that is required for Field Target and is very handy for testing pellets from the bench. The HW100 is a joy to shoot and beautifully engineered. 

Jamie