• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Red Wolf Safari - Shoots great

Just spent the morning trying out the new Safari - so far, so good. I’ve got an Air Wolf that shoots well, but if switching pellets from 18 gr to 25.39 RD there’s a significant POI shift at 25 yards. Not so with the Safri. First 10 shots or so with the RD and next 9 with the 18.1s. Almost the same spot. (Most misses are me and the wobbly table)

Oh, and the RDs at 985 and the 18s at 1115 on medium power, not bad at all.
3E9D1F13-D8B3-48E9-9203-04F526DD1BDB.jpeg

840EAEC9-9D57-4262-B4D7-9BFC2BCF4C7E.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure the Safari has a leak. I thought it was a normal temperature change issue, but two days ago I slowly filled it to 255 or so and it settled at 250.

But in the few days since it has lost 8-10 psi per day and now reads 225.

Other than checking the fill probe tightness is there any other easy check to solve the leak?

I really don’t want to send it off to AOA. I’ve had it for less than a week!

I’m pretty sure the Safari has a leak. I thought it was a normal temperature change issue, but two days ago I slowly filled it to 255 or so and it settled at 250.

Other than checking the fill probe tightness is there any other easy check to solve the leak?

If you pull the Handle back, can you hear air coming from the breech or out of the end of the barrel? My Red Wolf .22HP did that and I had to send her in.

Smitty

It's the dowdy washer that the fill port tightens down against for a seal. If it's seeping around that washer, you could try tightening the fill port some.
The fill port is the most common leak (but leaks aren't common). You would have to submerge the action to test the valve body seals but the ones above are more likely. If you remove the shroud, you could dunk the muzzle in water to see if the exhaust valve is leaking but that is highly unusual.
It's constructed of anodized aluminum and stainless so a little soap spritz is not going to hurt anything. The board should be waterproofed so without the battery, about the anly thing dunking the entire action would affect is the 2 switches... just saying don't be afraid of a little water.
Bob

May I ask if you got the “ART” tune done to your gun?

I too had to send in my gun after only having it a week. It was shooting a random 660 ish on Med power during my shot string. I test two different cronos and both read the very same thing at the very same time. So it’s not the crono. It did this several times. So I called and they said send it in. It’s very frustrating to have a problem so soon into having such a awesome gun. The guys up there will get use taken care of I know it.

May I ask what your crono numbers looked like on each power level? I sent it in before I could get a good clear number for each.

In regards to the Safari model. If one wants to tune them, do they need all kinds of computerstuff to max them?….like the first Red Wolfs.
I believe if you are going to "tune" your Red Wolf regardless of model you either need the Daystate Programmer or a Helliboard.
I just ordered my Helliboard.
Smitty

Reactions: rigbymauser
I believe if you are going to "tune" your Red Wolf regardless of model you either need the Daystate Programmer or a Helliboard.
I just ordered my Helliboard.
Smitty

Reactions: Smitty911
I got some from Pegasus Auto Racing:

Thank you, I found another place, RaceFlux Dowty Bonded Sealing Washer, for M10, 3/8", and 1/8" BSP Threads, Part #: HWA-4010, from Improved Racing.

Also, on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/114262389588

I am putting together a list of O-Rings from the Red Wolf parts diagram. Seems theoringstore has most. Once I have the complete order I'll post here for others. (I'll also have a butt load extras if anyone finds themselves in need.

o-ring 006 02.9 x 1.78 (2012) urethane
o-ring 006 02.9 x 1.78 (2012) NBR-70Sh

Last edited: