• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New purchase Daystate

1551409018_6143568645c789f7ae99141.15374385_FB4FA099-1178-45CC-B090-4EFE6D06FCE4.jpeg

And a few extra goodies, I have been looking at pcp air rifles for the past 15 years. Ended up choosing the redwolf hp .22 after looking at a crown and r.a.w. Tomorrow will be an awesome day. 

And to think two months ago all I wanted was the gauntlet and I ended up with this...lol. Then I found this site and changed my mind so many times. A lot of great info and members on this site. Tons of knowledge and sharing of info, probably the most civilized forum I have ever been on. I don’t ever plan on selling this rifle so why not spend a little more and treat my self and like others have said just do it right from the start.

And to think two months ago all I wanted was the gauntlet and I ended up with this...lol. Then I found this site and changed my mind so many times. A lot of great info and members on this site. Tons of knowledge and sharing of info, probably the most civilized forum I have ever been on. I don’t ever plan on selling this rifle so why not spend a little more and treat my self and like others have said just do it right from the start.

Good call I couldn't agree more! Same exact feelings about this forum. This is the most civilized forum for me as well. I have yet to see anyone get flamed here. Class act!

Good Luck!

Eamon

There is only one thing wrong with your purchase. Since it is your first PCP, you have no base of comparison to know just how darn good it is! I'm also envious of your budget decision. I have a Red Wolf .22, standard power, and also have four other top shelf rifles that I now need to sell! Kidding, but I'm really not sure what I will do with my air rifle collection. But I know the Red Wolf is in a class alone, and, I have a ton of money tied up in air rifles that aren't getting shot much. The Red Wolf consistency is as good as my mechanically regulated rifles, much superior shot count, three usable power levels, no hammer, spring, regulator, or mechanical trigger parts to maintain. Mine came with a bad barrel, which caused a lot of initial frustration. A replacement barrel fixed it, and its accuracy is excellent, comparable to my RAW and Steyr rifles. Congratulations.

If you haven't drained it dry with your purchases and you can see yourself clear, look into a spring air rifle with the same purchase quality as the red wolf. What I mean is a top end spring gun like a TX200 or an HW97 or even an LGU. You will be surprised how close they can come to the accuracy of that Red Wolf out to about 40-50 yards.

I started life with all the spring guns mentioned above. I never thought about a PCP until the Gauntlet came out. I got one and found it needed well over $100 in mods to make it a reliable shooter. I gave it those mods and a few of my own and it became a nice shooting gun, but the rabbit hole still called and I fell in.

The Red Wolf was new and I was a bit insecure about buying one so I opted for the next best. A Daystate Wolverine "R". Even though they too were a newish gun, I knew about the unregulated Wolverine's good reputation and the Huma regulator's stellar rep. too and figured that combo couldn't go wrong. I was right, it didn't. I got the Wolverine, but still love and enjoy shooting my other guns. Out to 40 yards it is sometimes hard to see a difference in the target results between all of them. The Daystate generally tops the heap, but by fractions only.