• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New old rifle

I would give it a good dose of chamber oil. There is a good chance that some will find it way down the chamber walls as well as give your
piston seal the required lubrication. I have a like new FWB300 I bought new back in the mid 80's and probably still haven't shoot a whole tin of
pellets tthrough. I recently decided to get back into air guns and sitting 30 plus years it had dried out and would not fire fire a pellet, I put a few drops of chamber
oil in and it shoots like a new gun. I also bought a new set of seals and proper lubricants for it but decided not rebuild till it required new seals.

In the short run the chamber oil is OK. However, once you open it up for a tune, use Moly or Krytox and never put any oil through the transfer port into the compression tube as it will diesel/detonate and that can wreck your piston seal. Why the manufacturers continue to recommend squirting oil into springer compression tubes is beyond me. Some people suggest it is a holdover from the days of leather seals.

Scotty