• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New NSA 295gn HP - 100 yards - Air Force Texan

"crittahitta"Nice shooting. Looks like you found an excellent round.
I think this weight (295gn) is ideal for the Texan's twist rate. NSA is on to something. Finding a bullet that gives the advertised "500 ft lbs" is easy, just load the heaviest chunk of lead that will fit. Power AND accuracy is what has eluded me (and maybe other Texan owners) until now. I'll be ordering these in bulk quantities, haha

"nielsenammo"Did you shoot this tethered or filling every few shots?
"Tethered" sorta. My tank was down to 3100psi so I left it attached to the rifle. Wanted to eliminate that variable and see what the slugs can really do. Once I wean the gun off the bottle, I'll need to shift POA from shot to shot to stay under 2" at 100 (I think) 

Finally had a chance (and good weather) to test the 281 grain HP's I got from NSA. Wind completely died, so I figured wth, I'll try 150 yards. WOW. Texan was not tethered this time, but was refilled to 2700psi after every shot. 745-755 fps / 350 ft lbs. I also posted a video of this in the Target Shooting forum. Wasted a lot of money (and time) looking for magic bullet for my .45 before these came along

Thread Resurrection
Didn't want to start a new thread since the topic has already been discussed...
NSA quality control is awesome. When I load the 290 grain slugs in my .45 Texan, they all end up at the same place (pushing the slug forward with my thumb). About a quarter of an inch of the slug can still be seen. Another well known brand of slugs can be more than a quarter inch difference in how far they push in to seat. One showing a half inch of lead the next a quarter inch. That cannot help accuracy.
Steel boars don't stand a chance at 50 yards, fall over every hit. 
I'm not yet getting the accuracy Brian is getting but it was windy today. Also not shooting tethered. Played with the power control and tightened up the group a little but it was towards the end of the day's shooting. Barrel was full of lead when I got home. Need to try with a clean bore and less wind.

Anyway, Nielson Specialty Ammo is great.