• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hello all. I am joining this forum after having read a fair amount of helpful information. When I was younger, I learned basic handling, safety and shooting from my father who choose to use airguns as a teaching tools (if I recall correctly there was a Daisy Powerline multi-pump pneumatic and break barrel Marksman Biathlon Trainer Pellet Rifle). I enjoyed target practice for years in the backyard.

Last year, a relative of mine who enjoys shooting air guns and was kind enough to let me try shooting an .22 springer air gun (cannot recall details yet), this rekindled my interest in airguns. And now that I have my own family and a backyard, I found myself returning to the hobby to help teach my sons and enjoy target shooting once again.

Last summer started with a Crosman 760 Pumpmaster .177 from a major retailer to learn and share basics and safety with sons. Unfortunately (or in retrospect it was fortunate), that did not last long due to quality issues, so it was returned. Researched more and ended up with a Weihrauch HW30S Deluxe.177 to replace it. Much better! Tried a Gamo Swarm Fusion 10X GEN3i .177 caliber but found it was not a good fit for my situation. While looking for a better multi pump, picked up a Seneca Dragonfly Mk2 .177 caliber. This summer, I acquired an Air Venturi Avenger Regulated PCP .177 as an entry into a PCP models.

Much to learn and appreciating folks here share their knowledge and experiences here.

Airflint,
Welcome, got to admit many similarities in our early airgun stories. Tried, unsuccessfully, for years to address an out-of-control crow infestation with my trusty Crosman 760 when first retired to Florida in 2005. Few years back stumbled on the PCP scene and "corrected" the problem in short order. Something about consistently hitting a dime-size circle @ 50 yards really hooked me, Westypete's "hang on to your wallet!" is not an idle warning. WM

Hello all. I am joining this forum after having read a fair amount of helpful information. When I was younger, I learned basic handling, safety and shooting from my father who choose to use airguns as a teaching tools (if I recall correctly there was a Daisy Powerline multi-pump pneumatic and break barrel Marksman Biathlon Trainer Pellet Rifle). I enjoyed target practice for years in the backyard.

Last year, a relative of mine who enjoys shooting air guns and was kind enough to let me try shooting an .22 springer air gun (cannot recall details yet), this rekindled my interest in airguns. And now that I have my own family and a backyard, I found myself returning to the hobby to help teach my sons and enjoy target shooting once again.

Last summer started with a Crosman 760 Pumpmaster .177 from a major retailer to learn and share basics and safety with sons. Unfortunately (or in retrospect it was fortunate), that did not last long due to quality issues, so it was returned. Researched more and ended up with a Weihrauch HW30S Deluxe.177 to replace it. Much better! Tried a Gamo Swarm Fusion 10X GEN3i .177 caliber but found it was not a good fit for my situation. While looking for a better multi pump, picked up a Seneca Dragonfly Mk2 .177 caliber. This summer, I acquired an Air Venturi Avenger Regulated PCP .177 as an entry into a PCP models.

Much to learn and appreciating folks here share their knowledge and experiences here.
Welcome, I hope your kids aren't too use to eating, there aren't any rabbits down the Rabbit Hole® I'd suggest seeking professional help before it's too late.

Welcome to the rabbit hole

Hello to all from another new guy! Just wondering if there are a lot of old timers like me out there, as there is so MUCH new stuff and changes. I have a really nice collection of 1950's-70's air and BB guns, as well as real nice early Crosman "sets", target, bell, etc, most all work well but always can use any info from others who collect vintage on how to store, oil, and avoid the darn leaking of the cartridges as it seems sometimes CO2 leaks a little, then stops, then just continues, and sometimes no leak at all, similar in a way to something many of us old timers may experience!
Glad to be with others of my ilk and collector habits, look forward to buying and selling and maybe some "horse trading".
Be safe, be well, and Be Happy!
Re- TimeBanditz