• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New laws in NJ that will directly affect airguns

As an escapee from N.J. and following all legislation concerning guns in that state due to many shooting sport friends left behind, I can pretty much say that, "if it's proposed, it will pass." That comes from the many restrictive gun laws that have taken hold in N.J.in the last 20 years or so.

Air guns are considered full blown firearms, so too a Red Ryder. If ammo purchase have to be registered, pellets will probably fall into that category.

I own a beautiful HW97TH stainless because a friend was caught shooting it in a completely safe area and although let go on charges, was told to cease and desist and not to shoot it again unless at a range.

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad and true. I am still stuck behind enemy lines in Democrat run New Jersey for 3 more years. Soon as I retire I'm out of here. After that NJ can rot and die on the vine for all I care. There is no fixing this state at this point. Not by voting at least. If you're a conservative in this state, you have no voice and no representation. 

I currently live in South Jersey (Border of PA & DE). You would be amazed how rural it is. Outside my backyard is a farm. I hunt deer 1 mile away. This is sad. I cannot wait to move to PA or DE (about 5 years out).

Im in Sussex county. Very rural. Surrounded by at least 5 miles of woods and mountains in every direction till you get to anything you would call a town. 20 minutes to the west is Pennsylvania.Living in New Jersey it's like looking out a jail cell window at freedom. Once I leave, I will never live in a state that's controlled by Democrats. 

Interesting. Nothing about tougher penalties for people that use guns to commit crimes.

No suprise. Law abiding gun owners are the targets not the criminals.

Yes their wet dream is a disarmed population.

Yout nailed it

But there are gun owners both PB and AG that still vote for these left wing liberals. I just don't get it. I guess you can't fix stupid?

While all these proposals are bad. The micro stamping for handguns I feel is the worst. Since the technology basically doesn't exist, this will in effect, ban the sale of any new handguns in NJ. Both real pistols, and air pistols. ( This is the Democrats actual goal with this law) The airgun community better get their head out of the sand and start fighting with the PB community to stop this. There is power in numbers. This stuff in liberal states does not stay in liberal states. It spreads like a cancer across borders. 

I live in Az and you would be shocked at the amount of people here from new jersey. When I talk to them they sound like a political refugee lol.

Same in FL, but not just NJ...the Mid-West, too - come on down and bring your businesses and work ethic!

I currently live in South Jersey (Border of PA & DE). You would be amazed how rural it is. Outside my backyard is a farm. I hunt deer 1 mile away. This is sad. I cannot wait to move to PA or DE (about 5 years out).

I've been through large portions of rural NJ and it's a beautiful state...a lot of my family is still in PA; my guess is you won't recognize it in a few years and it will get worse.

I don't follow how these proposals would affect air guns. Are air guns included in the the definition of "firearms" under NJ law?

Are airguns treated as firearms in NJ ?

Gentlemen, in N.J air guns are classified as firearms and are subject to the same bureaucracy. 

One of these new proposals would not allow a person to own a gun until the age of 21 and that would include air guns. Your children can't have an air gun until they reach that age. That's right no Red Rider bb gun for little Johnny.

Sadly a lot of air gun shooters think that we won't be affected and their is no cause for concern. BTW new jersey is not the only place in the U.S that classifies air guns as firearms.