• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Impact with a air leak

I just got my new FX Impact MK2 and it had a air leak when I received it. I finally found out where it was leaking, where the regulator is clamped into the receiver.

1572114307_10291855125db48f834b6cf9.91821085_20191026_130355.jpg

I sent a email into FX USA about it but thought I would ask here. I would rather fix it myself than to send it in, but I haven't been able to find a good video on how to fix it. Anyone have tips or a link to a video? Thanks.

Thanks guys. I will give it a try. I already purchased orings for this gun.

Also, there might be a sharp edges from the machining process where the plenum slides into the receiver, and it could be cutting into the O-rings. If it is, it can be fixed by polishing the edges of the machined grooves with 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper, just enough to make the corners rounded and shine. 

Ok I got the gun apart, I saw those videos before but wasn't sure I wanted to tackle it. Now I need a little more help. The one oring that looks bad I dont think I have to replace it. Can anyone tell me what size this one is?
1572197689_10979543495db5d5394ce7e9.99659681_20191027_132647.jpg

It is the one that the 8mm bolt goes thru. The other 2 in the picture didnt look bad but I took them off, cleaned it up and put new ones on it.

I found out the oring that I needed was a 6mmx1mm. I found one in some of the oring packs I had from some airguns. I got the gun back together without any problems. I tested it for leaks over night and it held air great, no leaks. I got to put some round thru it and it is shooting great again.

I have no idea why you have an oring there on your gun. There was not one on my original MK1, and there is not one on the upgraded valvetube im running now. Also, it´s not on any diagrams i have ever seen. "Secret MK2 option" ?

I also fail too see what function it could have as the large oring/xring inside the tube does the sealing on the inside ???

But glad you got it fixed.