• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Impact has arived

Ag5643

Mar 13, 2017
FL
Spent about 5 minutes of hands on time. Was delivered this morning so I rushed home at lunch. First Impressions. Good Build quality. Fill area is scalloped and not like the first model. Installed pellet probe, Loaded, fired. Notta. The valve adjustment was set to the very first line so no air on trigger squeeze. adjusted out to the third line, fired, all good. I did notice the reg pressure was showing it to be right at about 110. Fill pressure was at about 230. It is in .177. anyone with it shipped in .177 have any input on what the reg was set at upon arrival?

It was fully assembled minus the pellet probe. When I tried to first fire it and nothing happened I freaked out a little bit. So I looked at the adjustments and noticed the valve "backstop" was at the first line and realized that was the culprit. Thank you Michael. Just wanted to make sure all was well. Hope fully I can get off from work early enough to play with it a little before the cook out I agreed to attend kicks off. Have a bipod and Hawke 30 Ready to attach. First impressions though are I like it. To me, It is the perfect weight, and the feel of it definitely reminds me of an M4.

Congrats on the new rifle! I've been out of the loop for a bit, but did FX do away with the telescoping shroud and go to a fixed one? I remember there being some talk about this but couldn't find any confirmation. Do you feel like they sorted out the growing pains they encountered when they first released the rifle? I've had my eye on one since day one, I was just waiting until they got everything sorted out 

"SocalTrail"Congrats on the new rifle! I've been out of the loop for a bit, but did FX do away with the telescoping shroud and go to a fixed one? I remember there being some talk about this but couldn't find any confirmation. Do you feel like they sorted out the growing pains they encountered when they first released the rifle? I've had my eye on one since day one, I was just waiting until they got everything sorted out

They switched to a fixed shroud on the .25 and .30 calibers. The .177 and .22 still have a telescopic shroud and FX doesn't sell a factory fixed shroud in those calibers even though they can make them (Matt Dubber got one).

Maybe the new smooth twist X barrels will come with fixed shrouds on the impact. Rumor is they will be made available to the impact eventually.

So, I have put about 500 JSB 10.34's through this thing..and wow. I have a few tins of monsters and beasts enroute, and a new chrono (kids broke mine). I have the valve set at 2.5 (or the 4th line) and power wheel at 3. It is shooting very hot but very very accurate. I moved my table back so I could get complete use of my yard. Gives me 53 meters. Consistently hitting Ibuprofen 200mg pills at that distance. If I miss, its all me. Starting off shooting dime size targets but that proved to be far to easy. Haven't found a fault with it yet. Pretty amazed by it actually. Mounted a 4.5-14x42 Hawke tac 30 on it. Really love the weight. Not to light, but not to heavy, and the balance is beautiful. Overall I am more than pleased. Once I get all the barrel kits, I really don't see me buying another pcp. Gave Marauder .25 to my step son a couple years ago. Just gave my Royale 400 to the other, and am in the process of selling my Wildcat. Think my next purchase will be another good springer to go with my LGU. 
23b6dd2a892b1e773ed9dc11e03bcfce.jpg

So, chrono arrived. It was storming pretty bad when I got off work so was limited in how much trigger time I had. Gun hates the JSB 16.20's. It absolutely loves the JSB 13.43's. Shooting at 19.14 fpe, hammer is at max, and I adjusted it so max is actually max. Valve is set at 2, so 3 lines. Reg is at factory which is a tad past 100 on the gauge. Shot a four shot group once I had it tuned right and zeroed at 47 meters that was sub 1/4". Then the wife said it was time to eat. Hopefully I get off work tomorrow and it isn't raining so I can really do some shooting. Anxious to see how many shots I'll get from a fill.