• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Iguana gun: What should we get?

Lookin at you Orion...👀

I am looking into getting a new airgun. I currently use the Earlier version of the 22 Cal Brocock Concept Lite (not XR). 

I am trying to get it from Airguns of Arizona...so whatever limits that adds...

I am getting a second gun because I can't cock this gun without lowering it. I need a smoother side lever. I also need a regulated gun. We also believe a semi-automatic would make for easy quick shooting of iguanas on the move. 

Other preferences:

Lightweight cuz Im a girl

Smaller/short for discreteness

Multi-power settings, especially low velocity capabilities

I think blocky 2x4 looking stocks are ugly🙈

Thanks for any suggestions! 

Jessica- Iguana Solutions

See me shoot here: https://youtu.be/zuzkfOswTzo

You never mention the price. sub thousand, 1K to 2K, or no limit?

I would go for leshiy 2 (around 2k) semi auto, no power setting.

Or Kralarms NP-01 and NP-03 which is take down pistol. 63cm (NP-01) 77cm (NP-03) full length, with power setting wheel. (sub 1k)

Air arms s510 tdr (around 1k), with power setting wheel.

Also I know hatsan make a semi auto pistol but i don't know the name. (sub 1k)

Any compact rifles would work since it doesn't look like you are taking super long short anyways. Uragan is nice but slightly heavier, Leshiy 2 probably fit your use case the best except for a bit on the spendy side, dream-tac compact might be the lightest beside L2 with large mag and multishot and foldable stock, however close resemblance to AR might not be great if you want discrete. I say get the Leshiy 2 and call it a day. 

Hi Jessica, love the channel and welcome to AGN!

Why not just upgrade to the newer sidelever BROCOCK as you shoot so brilliantly with the older version, semi autos can be prone to inadvertent firing, not something you would want in the places you typically shoot.

None are as trouble free as a side lever either IME, I personally don't like the non removable magazines on some of the semi auto guns, this would mean you couldn't unload easily in a public place if you needed to.

Hi Jessica, been watching your videos- very cool- Iguanas don’t stand a chance against you lol. 

Good choice picking AOA - they are Very good dealer to buy from.

All of the suggestions are great, as said you primarily shoot closer ranges, all guns mentioned by others will definitely do the job.

I’d look into the Weihrauch HW100 Bullpup Carbine - one of the smallest Bullpups made- Weihrauch make great guns. That gun is very compact - multi shot - Looks like good match for you. 

I have tried many bullpups and whilst the "compactness" can be an advantage for hunting, unless the balance is absolutely perfect they can feel heavy, I was astounded at how heavy the HW100 bullpup felt when I picked it up although it is very well made, I also cant personally find a magazine I like better than the Brocock or Daystate, escpecially for use in the field.

I have tried many bullpups and whilst the "compactness" can be an advantage for hunting, unless the balance is absolutely perfect they can feel heavy, I was astounded at how heavy the HW100 bullpup felt when I picked it up although it is very well made, I also cant personally find a magazine I like better than the Brocock or Daystate, escpecially for use in the field.

My Taipan Vet Long is heavy for the hunting she's doing and heavy for me too. I'm 6" 200lbs and it's still way too heavy to casually carry around holding it by the pistol grip. It's needs a sling.

I PM'd you Jessica.