• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New HAM Scope Review Has Real Hard Data On MTF And More

I've been working on how to produce a quality scope review for some time. Finally we have the first result and I hope that you'll like it :)

Our first published Hard Air Magazine scope review is of the popular Leapers 4-16x40AO scope. It performs remarkably well!

What I believe makes HAM scope reviews different is that we have a firm basis on scope testing with real hard data. HAM has partnered with a major international optics testing company - Trioptics - to produce hard data in the form of MTF (contrast/resolution) graphs showing optical performance. I believe that this type of data has not previously been available outside of scope manufacturers (and maybe not to some of them!) - let alone to airgunners.

There's plenty of scope reviews with people saying "We think this scope gives a good/bad image". To my knowledge, HAM reviews will be the only ones that actually PROVE optical quality with industrial-strength, computer-based testing.

The Trioptics system also accurately and objectively measures actual magnifications. If you think that the magnifications marked on the zoom ring of your scope are correct, think again! Field Target competitors, in particular, may wish to take note...

We've also published a guide to understanding the Trioptics data. This should make it easy for you to make your own judgements about the optical quality of a scope by looking at the graphs.

As always, I hope that HAM scope reviews will be useful and give an honest, data-based assessment of the product.

Please take a look and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

Stephen Archer

Hard Air Magazine