• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New FX Wildcat MkIII Question

Always feel free to direct these kind of questions to the technicians at Fx Airguns USA by sending them an email or calling in during business hours! 

Regards, 

FX Airguns USA

Since you went to all the work to say that to OP why not just answer his question so all can benifit from your answer and recommendation. Or is it top secret knowledge?

It appears to me that the responsible FX USA poster here on this forum does not have a clue about anything ! No reply when asked about left hand shooting adjustments on Wildcat , no reply when asked about the obvious plenum needed on the wIldcat MKIII sniper .25 in order to reach advertised power, no useful reply when asked for what could be the damage when shooting below reg setting et. etc..... I do get the idea meanwhile that just a random secretary service does send in replies in this forum on behalf of FX . People are often not taken serious with their questions it seems like in this posting. If I would give this style of answers in my business I would lose many customers for sure . In this case the demand for the FX product is that high that the effect of bad customer service is not noticed yet . I think is better not to reply than giving replies that raise more questions or cause irritation but he... they must be doing something well 😉

I am not a FX technician... Don’t work for FX either... But, I have modified, broken, and repaired my own FX PCP’s for 5 years now, as long as I can order the part(s) I always got the airgun back going. From leaks, to broken parts, to stripped screws, weird random losses of power output, and problems caused by my own tinkering.

Shooting your FX PCP below the set regulator pressure a bunch could possibly but not guaranteed to cause the following problems.

1. could break your valve pin

2. could break your valve seat

3. a broken valve pin with continued shooting could damage, scratch, mar-up / scar-up the inside of the PCP’s block where these parts are installed and need to be smooth to operate properly.

4. shooting your FX PCP below regulator pressure can cause your hammer weight & guide to over-travel, again causing nicks and scratches to these and connecting parts which need to be smooth in order for the gun to operate properly. Also, to produce consistency in shots.

5. regulator internal damage 

6. broken springs

7. a leak

Advice... Try not to do it? May not cause immediate damage but if done continuously it can. Personally, owning my own carbon fiber fill tanks and a Omega Air Charger Compressor, when any of my airguns reach 5 to 10 bar near there regulator’s set pressure I go ahead and refill them. Pretty simple on my end to do.. No drama with FX either, life's good!

What a fantastic response again Joe. Thanks for that . This is exactly what FX USA should have answered to OP when they would have taken him / his question serious.

please allow me to copy in an other example of FX USA style responding to questions from serious people posted today in the manufacturer forum.

9438e3880af941439659af2a42323327-bpfull.png
FX-USA

Accuracy: 

Manufacturer

Will the Wildcat Mk3 be offered in walnut, the traditional laminate, or any of the laminate colors? I would kill for one one with the blue laminate stock!!

Hi Steved192,

As of right now we are only producing the Wildcat Mk3 with a synthetic stock. 

Regards, 

Fx Airguns