• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Daystate selfindexing Magazine, does it still have anti double load?

There are no pictures (that I could find) of the bottom of then new (blue) Dayatae magazine on the net, I am still curious about the workings of it.

From the outside it looks as if Daystate has copied the workings of BSA (Gamo) magazines are loaded, but with the smart addition of a removeable lid.

So you can fully wind the rotor of the mag, put in the “last” pellet first to keep the rotor from unwinding, and now you can just sprinkle a bunch of pellets on the rotor (cup it with your thumb and index finger, and because pellets are topheavy, they will fall into the holes correctly oriented. (This won’t work for slugs, as they are tail heavy) if I remeber correctly it was Ernest Rowe who first showed this years ago with a little YT vid.

But the only drawback of the BSA type mag is that if the pellet probe has pushed a pellet into the chamber, when the probe is retracted there is another pellet now lined up to be pushed into the chamber by the probe. Which is fine if the previous pellet was propelled out of the barrel, but not if it is still there.

As these mags are ‘self indexing’ and Daystate names the new magazines like this too, it would seem they have given up on the anti double load, or did they?

(FYI the CARM magazines for Daystate work this way too)

Only negatives about using the new spring wound magazines is that the shot count programmer is thrown off and you are able to double load compared to the old design where you have to fire the gun which puffs air to pop the index pin up to actuate the magazine to cycle the next round (while resulting in damaging your probe in some guns).