• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New Brocock Bantam Hilite Leaking (slow) - update - repaired under warranty

Good deal glad it worked out. I would still shoot 25-30 pellets down range before sending it back to seat the valve poppet.
When working on a PCP always make sure it is empty of all air. If your trying to remove the fill port and it is hard to turn after you break it loose stop immediately. The pressure pushing against it from with in is making it hard to turn. This goes for anything where pressure is present. End plugs, gauge, valve, tank, pressure reservoir, ect. Forcing it loose can cause serious injury even death.
 To Knife maker I advised him, and agree, sooner or later your going to deal with a leak and need to learn how to deal with it.

Hawkeye - yes, hopefully it won't take too long.

_
Havoc
- funny how that stuff works sometimes

_
Knifemaker - thanks for the info but I didn't read your post until this AM and I have already shipped the gun. I shipped it at the retailer's suggestion and he did not mention shooting it a few times to see if that would fix the leak. Also, the retailer told me he had mounted a scope on the gun and had shot it. Perhaps he didn't shoot it enough to seat the valve poppet?

_
I had to give springers up because I could only shoot them accurately enough for pesting at 18-20 yards. I do like springers and might get another Paul Watts special one day but only for plinking.
_
Yes, I guess it's about time for me to learn a bit more about repairing / troubleshooting PCPs. All my previous guns were purchased used, performed flawlessly and held air indefinitely with no problem. It's a bit ironic that my first new rifle is giving me fits.

_
As I was researching this leak I read a couple of posts which spoke about shooting some pellets to see if that fixes the leak but I wasn't sure if this was good advice. Plus my range is 45 minutes away and $20 per hour so I didn't want to wast a trip or money just doing "fix it" work. Now that I think about it, I do have a pellet trap and I could have fired a number of point blank rounds into it. At least I'll know all this for my next new PCP.

Friends,

Small update (no shooting yet). Just received the Hilite yesterday and finished mounting the scope this morning. AoA identified the issue as "leaking at valve through transfer port." Repairs were "cleaned and polished the valve body where valve stem makes contact."

_
I'm not quite sure how to read all the details, but here are the chrono results from AoA:
KX4oadh.jpg

_
I'll post another update after I've had time to shoot a bit. Thanks to all who helped along the way!

"jp_over"Friends,
Small update (no shooting yet). Just received the Hilite yesterday and finished mounting the scope this morning. AoA identified the issue as "leaking at valve through transfer port." Repairs were "cleaned and polished the valve body where valve stem makes contact."
_
I'm not quite sure how to read all the details, but here are the chrono results from AoA:
KX4oadh.jpg

_
I'll post another update after I've had time to shoot a bit. Thanks to all who helped along the way!
Not sure what the left column is but looks like they took 50 shots. High fps of 832, low of 800, average of 819. ES-32, SD-7
With the 21g pellet it is averaging 31.2FPE.

Final update for this thread: I've had some time to shoot and observe the gun now and it looks like all is well. If I have any further issues, I'll post a new thread.

_
On another interesting note, I had a brief moment of concern when I was sighting in and the group was 8" off to the right at less than 5 yards (my current range is quite limited to a max of 9 yards). Straightaway I knew that I'd run out of windage with such a large distance to correct. However, after double checking that the scope was optically centered, I switched the rings from front to back and now the point of impact is perfectly aligned with center.

_
Thanks again all!

Joe