New Arrival Kalibrgun .22 Cricket Carbine Mini

Ok - after two days of shooting this sweet mini ALOT (prob close to 300 rounds), the following are my only negative findings:
  • If you shoot more than 100 rounds in a setting, the angular edges on the lever can make your fingers sore. Exact same as rest of Crickets. But very smooth, positive, and reliable. Maybe soften up the angles with shrink wrap (electrical) or some kind of coating?
  • Not available in .25. Based on what I'm seeing and my lack of engineering background - I would opine that KalibrGun would need to add about 4-5 inches to barrel, shroud, and aircylinder as well as raise the reg set point and plenum to produce a competent (and competitive) 50 FPE ish .25 caliber. I would get one if they make it. I love this concept of operations and the KGun execution of semi-bullpup goodness. I already do own the full size .25 Carbine (and love it) and I've always wanted one of their bullpup but have never purchased one solely on the positioning of the lever by your ear while in a shooting position. Small thing, but the bullpup competition for my $$ is fierce. 
  • Small niggle, the cylinder gauge is a combination of the old style color code and the one with plain numeral indicators in bar. So now it has color codes of blue green yellow and red but the numeric spacing is in 100 bar increments. 0, 100, 200, and 300. Difficult to discern with any precision so you'll need a fairly accurate gauge on your fill station. Not a real negative in functionality but perhaps personal preference. I'd rather just have plain numeric layout in 10 or 20 bar increments with hash marks.
So.......KalibrGun, take a close look at your cousin the Vulcan bullpup which now has the slick operating side lever for your bullpup design. And AGT Vulcan take a close look at this mini concept vs your implementation of the Tactic, size, weight, and stock. Oddly enough, the brains behind AGT was a principal engineer at KGun. I happen to own and love both kinds - accurate, reliable, repeatable. They may not top the charts for all out beauty for some people's eyes but it's hard to argue their effective execution of great, precision, hunters.

@douger - it is quiet naked with no LDC. With an LDC - absolutely stealthy. I have houses within 30-40 feet of each side of my house (typical suburb) but my backyard opens into thick woods (how lucky and convenient). No complaints no inquiries, zero. Like I said, I've probably shot 300 rounds as early as 6:30am (with my morning coffee) and late as 9:00pm in the past couple days.

Although legal to do this in my state, as long as you have "appropriate backstop", people would definitely complain for sure in my neighborhood if you bothered them in ANY way. Deed restricted HOA community.

@fukochan - There is currently no .25 cal version. Balance- holding gun in open hand in my palm, the balance point is directly under the trigger guard. Even with additional LDC. The semi-bullpup concept really works for me in terms of comfort and accuracy ergonomics. It is equally accurate as any other CZ barreled Cricket or Vulcan that I have owned or borrowed.

i have not cleaned it yet. Charlie cleaned everything including barrel, lapped it, did his voodoo on crown and lead in, tuned everything to perfection before shipping to me. I have about 300 rounds thru it so far so in another couple hundred, I will pull a patch or two. Not any different than any other airgun in that respect.

2188ea012de1bae55a9252223223310d.jpg
5e6782305643ebc2cbd48e811d61c29f.jpg

6am shooting. Ultimate stealth mode is with. Donny FL SUMO installed. Shooting these small steel spinners at 98 yards. Zero wind at 6-8 am. With current settings, hitting at about 3.8Mils at 98 yards as many times as you want.

Did I mention this thing is quiet?

"FukoChan"Looks front heavy. I'm looking at getting the .25 version. Is it comfortable, accurate, and easy to clean? How often will I need to clean it?
I visited with Charlie & held/shouldered the pups & the mini. I didn't much care for the Black Syn model. Didn't even hold the .25 pup, looked too big for my needs/likes/wants. But I kept going back to the Mini. It was a Goldilocks moment. Are you in GA? You should swing by there if feasible.

Measured SPL using a calibrated mic. See methodology on my last entry of FX Unicorn thread.

From 1 meter at 45 degrees off access front and rear, 14 shots averaged. 61dB using Hugget regular size. 63dB with Belita. 60dB with DonnyFL Sumo. Stealthy indeed objectively and subjectively. And 68dB naked with factory shroud. The other factor beside dB which helps stealth is that the higher internal volume LDCs have lower frequency pitch / sound signature.

"Mick-VA"Measured SPL using a calibrated mic. See methodology on my last entry of FX Unicorn thread.

From 1 meter at 45 degrees off access front and rear, 14 shots averaged. 61dB using Hugget regular size. 63dB with Belita. 60dB with DonnyFL Sumo. Stealthy indeed objectively and subjectively. And 68dB naked with factory shroud. The other factor beside dB which helps stealth is that the higher internal volume LDCs have lower frequency pitch / sound signature.
Hey Mick. Have you shot the regular Cricket without an LCD? I'm curious as to how these models compare: Full shroud vs half.