NEW .22cal 34gr. JSB Jumbo BEASTS just came in! Initial review...

I tried these for the first time today and wish I did more reading up on it before buying 2 tins.

But then again, I am using stock settings on an Air Venturi Avenge-X. It's spot-on with JSB Exact 18.13gr, up to 100m.
At 50m, the 33.9gr was a surprise. At 100m all over the place...

The marked shots were the 33.9gr, the tight group was the 18.13gr pellets.

IMG_20240413_150925.jpg

Reactions: HogKiller
I tried these for the first time today and wish I did more reading up on it before buying 2 tins.

But then again, I am using stock settings on an Air Venturi Avenge-X. It's spot-on with JSB Exact 18.13gr, up to 100m.
At 50m, the 33.9gr was a surprise. At 100m all over the place...

The marked shots were the 33.9gr, the tight group was the 18.13gr pellets.

View attachment 455117
wow..old thread
What speed were you using for the Beasts?
You really need a HIGH fps for these . From what i have seen so far..over 970 fps = over 70 fpe
i do not believe that an Avenge x is capable of that energy
Mike

wow..old thread
You really need a HIGH fps for these . From what i have seen so far..over 970 fps = over 70 fpe
Mike
Mike, that's not true at all. Probably just some coincidence. They shoot great at 850 for me.

Mike

Because a pellet doesn't shoot well out of a particular barrel at a certain speed....does not mean it won't shoot great out of a different barrel at the same speed. Barrels are the biggest factor in all of this stuff. Manufacturers want to put whatever barrel they have on their guns and then blame the pellets if they don't work. That's backwards....but the general public has gotten so used to it that it's just accepted.

Mike

Reactions: manabeknives
wow..old thread
Mike
I don't own a chronograph yet, so I don't know what speed I got. It's likely that with tuning it will improve. The current tune is 👌 for 18.13gr.

I'm still very new to PCP, so there's much to learn 😀

In the meantime I will just store these 33.9gr pellets for future experimentation.

Reactions: Bandito