New .177 Monsters

I bought a tin of the newly designed JSB .177 monsters. They have the same shape as the newly designed .22 monsters and .25 heavies. 
I shot them out of my TM 1000 at around 800 fps. They didn't perform so well. I was shooting benchrest cards and got at least one flyer on each card that was off enough too drop a point (9 ring). None of any of the other lots of older type monsters throw those fliers in this rifle. Oh well...

Just offering this up for information on this new pellet. 

Chas
i also got a bunch of the re-design monsters thinking the new design should be better
and got similar results = too many flyers
3 years ago we shot monsters out of the LW 12 groove and had to clean sometimes in the middle of a card
then the polygon barrels came out and were great with the monsters shooting a whole card
i think the big problem with the new design is they are too big
having trouble getting them into the average poly barrels, and resizing does not work for benchrest
they seem to fit OK in the open class barrel designed for beasts which are also too big
but they still do not shoot as well as the old monsters

Dick

3d22a4602c40fa34c2f915525388e516.jpg
Received my new redesigned .177 JSB monster 13.4 grain pellets yesterday -finally got a chance to shoot some side by side so to speak out of the Thomas -
weighed each batch - the regulars and improved - I did notice that the improved were tight going into the breech -used a pen to push them in flush -
but once sighted in i Chronied the improved at 798 to 800 fps and the standards at average 830 fps - no poi shifts I’d shoot one target with an improved and the next with a standard -
both shot the same -and barrel leading was minimal - didn’t bring out 5he Lab Radar due to inclement weather so I can’t give you BC tonight - after this Card I had to pack it in due to the oncoming deluge -perhaps tomorrow I’ll bring out the  LabRadar 
‘didn’t have one Flyer in the bunch - but I’m not sure if there will be any advantage at greater distance ? Or disadvantage ?
these shot at 25 meters 
Photo bucket still not working on this forum? 
CK
P. S thanks John - nice and easy upload 😬
want to shoot a set today -but so far I can see no real difference in the poi from these versus the old style

Just got my redesigned monsters also!,shot them yesterday in my BM-1000, w/polly barrel- initial observations = 1- Much larger skirt dia. 2- thicker skirt sidewalls 3- weighed two tins- less variation in weight,pellet to pellet 4- straight from tin my poly barrel DID NOT LIKE THEM!, which Puzzled me alittle bit?, because I expected the polly barrels would?, then I sized some “BINGO” they improved dramatically!, just for reference I used a .1815. Die, It Did not size the head, only the skirt!( I really expected the poly to like the thicker skirt sidewall?) Now mind you this very preliminary testing & results, but for now I am sticking with the OLD monsters in my poly barrels until I can test further! Have not shot them in my 12 groove standard, that will happen today!

Also wanted to add, I thought these might be more consistent because of less damage during shipping ( because of shape & thickness of skirt) plus thought this would lead to more consistency from lot to lot because of a seemingly less complex die mold? Time will tell?, lots of ideas running through my head! Also mind you, I’m in no way an expert in pellet design!, I’m only relaying my own thoughts & impressions, please do your own testing there are many shooters on this forum with far more experience than I. 

09477ab1d31076e57a39386dd0d46a36.jpg
Shot 11-29-17 from poly barrel 
d987134ef7ae0843c25fc8421816de95.jpg
Just in from testing Redesigned jsb monsters in my TM-1000, shot both sized (.1815 Die) & straight from tin, sized shoot better than from tin, but neither any better than old monsters!, actually shot some control groups w/ jsb 10.4 heavy’s, ( that have always shot very consistently small groups!) 10.6 HN Baracuda, and some trusty 10.5 gr C’p’s all shot well, the sized redesigned monsters shot good but not significantly better!, also must add the wind was a factor today!, groups were not great with any of the pellets used, but I am confident the the jsb heavy’s will outshoot the redesigned monster @ the yardage I shot today

One more thing!, just wanted to reinforce that personally I’ve always felt the head size, design,shape etc. has more of an effect on accuracy than most other factors, I wanted to clear that up! Because with my initial evaluation of this new JSB monster I’ve consetrated on the skirt and simple observations, and what works in my barrels, guns!, also some twist rates in barrels can be a major factor with pellet weights & design HINT: LW- gun manufacturers etc. allow the consumer to order twist rate that work best for there specific uses!!!

Well the only reason I really made that comment was I know there is so much more to this accuracy game!, LW probaby will let u custom order a special twist rate (have not actually called to ask them though! ) am sure for nominal fee!, you can get anything u want! And quite honestly the options in pellets is probably the biggest hurdle to get past right now, I know I would pay top dollar for amunition that I could trust to be consistent in weight, head Dia., eccentricity etc. from tin to tin..., thats the main reason most weigh,measure, size, roll, etc., because if you compete?, your forced to do this if you want to be competitive, but honestly the big manufacturers make to much money to change... everybody’s buying everything they can hoping to get that magic pellet! Only to find it, then the next batch they buy won’t shoot...Sorry about the rant!!! 

Salty, please Keep us posted!, I can’t do any outside testing right now, 6-8” of snow on ground, very windy... I can only test inside @ about 16.5 yds chrony readings with my poly barrel & reg. set for the old monsters I’m getting about 30-35fps slower numbers. I’m also going to try a-couple different Ideas one about sizing which I’ve eluded to already!, & the others I will let u know of @ a later date...To close to the holidays & all my children will be here from college etc. (might be one of the last Christmas’s together all @ the same time!)