• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Need your opinion on a bullpup

Hello all,

I’m retiring in 2024 and want to get back into air gunning and I would like your opinion. I plan on purchasing a 25 cal. high end bullpup. I will be punching paper mostly as well as varmint hunting with
pellets or slugs. I don’t want a muzzle loader of a gun and want to keep the length between 34-36 inches. The bullpubs on my list are; Uragan 2 600mm, FX Maverick sniper 600mm, Kalibragun Cricket Tactical 60, FX Impact M3 600mm, and BRK Ghost. I hoping to find a gun that will give me great reliability, versatility, not complicated to run and accuracy.
Thank you,
WPM

Regarding bull pups, I own a Cricket, an Impact, and a Ghost. The Georgia Airguns Charlie Frear tuned rifle requires virtually no tuning and no maintenance and the accuracy is superb.

The Impact is arguably one of the top five most powerful and accurate rifles I own but I do believe it will require more maintenance over time just based on my other FX airguns in collection.

No more than you have shared, I would highly recommend the BRK Ghost. Extremely simple to tune to a particular projectile, like all of my BRK experience todate, it seems to be as maintenance free as an air rifle can get, plus with AOA support, your purchase should last you nearly forever.

Edgun Lelya if you want compactness

Edgun r5m if size doesnt matter

Edgun outshoots any taipan out there

stay mad taipan fanboys

This is either a brilliantly displayed example of irony, or you're not seeing what you did here. The second option makes it even better, creating veritable layers of unintentional satire. Almost like a nice little article in The Onion, but accidental.

• Haha
Reactions: Perle
Regarding bull pups, I own a Cricket, an Impact, and a Ghost. The Georgia Airguns Charlie Frear tuned rifle requires virtually no tuning and no maintenance and the accuracy is superb.

The Impact is arguably one of the top five most powerful and accurate rifles I own but I do believe it will require more maintenance over time just based on my other FX airguns in collection.

No more than you have shared, I would highly recommend the BRK Ghost. Extremely simple to tune to a particular projectile, like all of my BRK experience todate, it seems to be as maintenance free as an air rifle can get, plus with AOA support, your purchase should last you nearly forever.
Thank you sir. I’ve heard BRK are well made air rifles. One consideration I did not mention, is support for what platform I chose is also important.

If you get a rifle from Georgia air guns I think he will put new O-rings in it forever. That is all my 5 guns have needed so far. I've enjoyed learning to do that myself, however. I also bought my first PCP the year after I retired. Fun hobby. I would also look at the RTI Prophet if I was spending that kind of money. The Air Maks Caiman X would also seem to fit your criteria if you can find one. It is not a bullpup but the Air Maks Katran is only about 36 inches long and has some neat features including a folding stock (36 inches is unfolded). Air Maks uses CZ barrels. Seems like there are lots of good choices. I shoot from my left shoulder so my criteria are different from a right hand shooter but I am thinking hard about a Katran. If Caimans are back in stock when I decide to pull the trigger I may well go that way instead, however. But the Katran has the advantage of a lower scope which can be handy if you need to make a shot inside 20 yards. I am still enjoying my 3 P35s. Different price range but pretty nice guns in my opinion. Especially for the price. All three cost less than some of the guns you are considering.

WPM -

It's pretty difficult to call a rifle a..."bullpup"...that's much over 30" long !
They (firearms) were originally designed for close quarters combat. 34" to 36" long rifle isn't going to do very well in a small room or hall, which, is..."close combat".

Seems you are more looking for what some call a "semi-bullpup" or a rear mounted action, rifle.

Any of the guns that you mention would be decent choices.

I'd vote for the BRK, Ghost, Compact (a "bullpup!) . I have a version of most of what you are considering, and overall, the Ghost would be the top of that list.

Mike

Reactions: Flavi and WPM

Have you tried shooting slugs out of your Ghost?