need your help guys. advice needed on air arms s510

I had my S500 apart today to replace the valve stem/poppet, valve spring, hammer and hammer spring. Once reassembled It only took a half second or so to seat the valve from empty using a tank. That's with a regulator(flow restrictor). I believe you are being a bit over cautious/pessimistic here aa. You've been given sound advice by more than a few members here. Simply follow the instructions you've received and everything will be fine. The AA tube has a safety feature built in that will release pressure if over filled to 3500psi or more. The ends of the tube will flair out but not skip the threads so it will never explode. Also if you don't believe me then contact Martin Rutherford of RAW and he can explain it to you.

As john has said you are being way to cautious. The very first time I went to fill my pcp with a tank I kept thinking ok be very careful cause everyone is saying its so easy to overfill with a tank. No its not its very easy to control how fast the pcp fills. My first tank wasnt even set up for filling pcp rifles and has no flow restrictor and its super easy to get a slow fill. Just slowly crack the valve on the tank open and watch your gauge. If it starts filling fast close the valve a little its that simple.

During the Regulater install I had my S510 apart more times than I can count. Never had it dump below a certain amount, always had to dry fire it way down, and even then when unscrewing the cylinder it would hiss a little as it came off the o-ring. On fillup with a tank, never had any problems. I don't have a pump so I never tried that method. IMHO your valve either has a bad spring, it's getting stuck somehow or there's some trash in it (part of an o-ring maybe.) If I were you, I'd disassemble the gun and inspect it. It's very easy to do especially now that you've got it empty already.

You say you have a SCUBA tank in one of your posts, SCUBA is maxed out even on a steel cylinder at ~3400psi, Aluminum tanks at 3000. The S510 will take that no problem. I fill mine all the time from a steel cylinder and take a full shot. If it's SCBA you have, that's 4500psi and no, you can't just open the valve wide on that. Watch your gauge and creep up on it. You should have no problem regulating how much pressure is coming from the tank w/ the valve.

I think you missunderstood. 

To get to the regulator install, yes, the cylinder does have to be taken off, so yes, all air must be relieved. I tried a number of methods as tuning the reg requires disassembly too and I had to do it pretty often. None worked as well as just dry firing it - a lot. I even made a tube that would go over the hammer pin and depress the valve. But with the reg installed all it did was dump the reg's volume. Not effective.

Even with dry firing it all the way down, there would be a little left so when unscrewing the cylinder from the valve body when it comes off the oring it will bleed off that last little bit. Plenty of thread left so I don't think it was dangerous. Probably talking about 10-25psi.

You can take the barrel, upper and trigger group off and change hammer and springs w/o emptying the gun, but be careful not to pull the trigger w/ the hammer cocked as it will discharge a bunch of air and scare you. oops. Just lucky I didn't blow a hole in my hand.

I never had it dump on it's own though. I'd say if it won't fill and when you bled it down and it dumped on it's own there's something else going wrong.

Mine dumped once it hit a low level and as aa said many Sxxx rifles dump below a certain pressure. There is actually a better way to empty the AA S510 instead of dry firing. I made a sleeve to go over the hammer guide. Install the sleeve behind the hammer and then you use a screw in the end of the guide to push the sleeve into the hammer which then pushes the valve open. Its very simple to make and its way faster to empty without the chance of damaging the valve. 

"LDP"Mine dumped once it hit a low level and as aa said many Sxxx rifles dump below a certain pressure. There is actually a better way to empty the AA S510 instead of dry firing. I made a sleeve to go over the hammer guide. Install the sleeve behind the hammer and then you use a screw in the end of the guide to push the sleeve into the hammer which then pushes the valve open. Its very simple to make and its way faster to empty without the chance of damaging the valve.
I made the same thing, but it would only dump a little. I figured that was due to the regulator and went back to dry firing.

"MonsterMaxx"
"LDP"Mine dumped once it hit a low level and as aa said many Sxxx rifles dump below a certain pressure. There is actually a better way to empty the AA S510 instead of dry firing. I made a sleeve to go over the hammer guide. Install the sleeve behind the hammer and then you use a screw in the end of the guide to push the sleeve into the hammer which then pushes the valve open. Its very simple to make and its way faster to empty without the chance of damaging the valve.
I made the same thing, but it would only dump a little. I figured that was due to the regulator and went back to dry firing.
I've used this method from day 1. I have a regulator in my S500. It takes less time to drain the gun and doesn't leave any air behind the regulator to "pop" the oring when you unscrew the tube as opposed to dry firing. Not to mention the reduced wear and tear as opposed to dry firing the gun 300-500 times.

"aa_limited"I NEVER DRY fired my gun. i just let all the air out and i never took my gun apart.
all i did was unsrew the air arms t bar fitting
No worries, I was just stating that dry firing isn't necessary or a good idea even if the gun can take it. Anyways you shouldn't have a problem filling it with your tank, open the valve up on the tank slowly until it stop hissing through the barrel and you're good to go. Also once you get your RAW filling by tank will be a necessity so get used to it now. And just to finish things up here lets see some pics of your guns and groups guy. I've been waiting for some time.