• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Need some help! Airwolf or Wolverine?

hello guys, I need some opinions and expearances if possible. 
I'm in the process of ordering 1 of 2 rifles and would need some input and thoughts. 
Im debating between;
1.Daytatse Airwolf MTC .22 (upgrade to CF bottle)
2.Daystate wolverine B hilite .22

please let me know why one over the other. 
Thanks
-Frank

MOD EDIT: IMPROVED TITLE TO MAXIMIZE RESPONSES

I just made the same decision about a month ago and choose the AirWolf. First and foremost, the Wolf is electronic and Wolverine mechanical. I personally like all of the electronic features of the Wolf but while I have not experienced any issues, personally believe the electronics may be more prone to failure more than the mechanical Wolverine.

The Wolf has 2 power settings of 36 fpe and 30 fpe while the Wolverine shoots 30 fpe out of the box. Due to the efficiency of the MCT electronics, the Wolf will shoot 100-150 shots per fill while the Wolverine is about 70. The Wolf's bolt does not cock the rifle and only inserts pellets from the mag into the bore. Cycling the wolf amounts to just flicking the bolt between shots and makes follow up shots while hunting very easy. This makes for a very smooth and effortless action. I ordered my Wolf with a Hugget and the Wolverine is standard with the Hugget moderator so the Wolf is definitely more expensive for like to like.

I don't think you can make a bad decision and really comes down to if you think you would prefer the electronic features and efficiency of the Wolf...that's why I choose the AirWolf. My only potential regret will be if the electronics ever give me any issues.

Wanted to add...the electronic trigger on the Wolf is just plain cool. It is like clicking a computer mouse. It has a first stage and then click-fire...love it. Not sure how good the Wolverine mechanical trigger is?

I've owned both and while I liked my Air Wolf and had no issues with it, I like the Wolverine even more. It comes standard with the Huggett shroud and hi-lite bottle which makes it balance better than the Air Wolf. In order to make the Air Wolf as quiet and as light as the Wolverine it will cost you quite a bit more. My Wolverine .22 is by far the most accurate PCP I've ever owned and it is more accurate than the Air Wolf was. It has a cool feature that uses air from the previous shot to cycle the magazine so you cannot double load a pellet as you can with the Air Wolf. As an investment, I think the Wolverine is a better buy for what it can do at a lower cost. I sold my Air Wolf but will never part with my Wolverine. It is my favorite PCP, and I've owned quite a few to compare it to.

Would there be any physical explanation for the Wolverine having improved accuracy over the Air Wolf such as different barrel? To my knowledge they are the same rifles except for the electronic vs mechanical firing mechanism but not totally sure. Consistent shot fps should be in favor of the Wolf due to the computer controlled solenoid.

Just curious if you just got a good Wolverine and the Wolf was made on a Friday at 4 pm? Guess what I am saying is it just the luck of the draw comparing the Wolf to the Wolverine just as 2 wolverines will not be blessed with the same accuracy?

I have owned my .22 AirWolf MCT for 4 years now. It had the Airstream moderator which was very quiet, but now has a NC moderator and the pellet impact is the only thing that makes noise. My MCT has been flawless and I like electronics! I have a .22 BP Cricket so I have perspective. My AirWolf is truly the Bently of Air Rifles and I'm sure the Wolverine is equal. I'm sold on electronics and I believe the Wolverine will go this route as well and I believe DayState has stated such.

the wolverine has an upgraded barrel over he Airwolf hence the better accuracy.
the new barrel was specifically designed for the wolverine and the daystate pellets, a complete package if you ask me rather than trying out all sorts of pellets.
the wolverine is also lighter , has a stronger one piece breech block, titanium valve which will last you a lifetime.
eventually the wolverine will get an electronic version probably by next year (just my opinion) .