• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Need help from AGN please.

Hello and Merry Christmas!
I purchased a Kral PB in .22 a short while back and for the most part, Im happy with it. Something I cant understand though; at 35 yds, the 10 shot group will cover with a nickle, at 100 it might not hit a 2 liter bottle. Using JSBs 18.13 at 860fps. BTW, this non regulated gun is more consistent than my Huma reg gun and a cricket! BUT....this does not matter if it wont hit the target. Any thoughts on the delta from 35-100? Junk barrel?

Thanks for your help!
Jake

Have you aggressively cleaned the barrel?

My own PB is very accurate with the eunjin 28.4g pellets on full power. Center punch a coke can at 90 yards, rested off the side view mirror of my truck.

Have you tried dialing down the power slightly? The Crosman cheapie pellets shoot very well at half power, however, at full power the shots start to scatter.

Is your scope proven to be reliable?

Hope you get it sorted.

I know this is stating the obvious, but 100 yards is a totally different animal than 35 yards. A nickel sized group at 35 yards is OK, not great. Translate that out to 100 and it would make sense that you would miss a 2 liter bottle with that particular gun shooting the way it does now. I don't think there's anything wrong, just the limitations that are currently present. 

I have a BP .22 I can hit a thin metal can about half the size of a coke can at 100yds pretty consistently,dime size groups at 50yds, not sure if I got a good one or not butt I have been impressed with the accuracy of this little gun.there was an issue with a slightly bent shroud that was affecting POI left to right ,try shooting it with out the shroud 

Thank you all for the replies. I will try a more aggressive cleaning before I give up on it. I just seams to be a bit sporadic...sometimes its spot on and then it may miss the same target back to back. I have not tried anything heavier than 18.13JSB, on high power they are about 860. My other guns are nails out to 100 and beyond. My scope is the Aztec Emerald, its new to me but, it work well. Last outing at 100, i could see the impacts in the dirt near my target changing. Could this just be fouling?

Can anyone suggest a source for LW or CZ barrels?

Thanks again!