• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Need advice about air tank for Benjamin Marauder .22

"AlliInLL"
WTB = Want To Buy“AlliInLL”BigTinBoat, what does all this mean? “Put up a WTB add on all of the air gunsights”…what is a WTB? Are scuba tanks rated on how many years they last? ( I never heard of that before!). “Just need to check the Hydro”…what is a ‘hydro’?WTB = WANT TO BUYSCBA (not to be confused with SCUBA) are CARBON FIBER tanks and in the US they are not to be used after 15 years from their date of manufacturerHYDRO – Hyrdostatic test date – Carbon Fiber tanks must be Hydrostatically tested every 5 years (some are every 3 years) or they cannot be commercially filled, or transported legally
Wow! BigTinBoat, thank you for clarifying this for me! I'm planning on ordering a Marauder in .177. I don't hunt except the fool of a blue jay who is stupid enough to come by and maybe some blackbirds. No squirrels around here. So, targets and some birds. .177 has worked in my Gamo Whisper springer so am researching the Marauder. I also see that I will need "extras" such as a tank. I think my compressor is a 75 psi at home so probably not strong enough to fill a scba (and thanks for clarifying that, too) and 'hydro'. So, a regular SCUBA tank, does that also need to be hydro tested? Wow, so much I never heard about and much to learn!
I am very glad I took BigTinBoat's advice on this forum and went ahead and got a 4500 PSI SCBA tank. I am all set now and enjoy filling my rifle back to the fill pressure I want in seconds. All thanks to BigTinBoat and the rest of the good people here who shared their knowledge and expertise. And yes it does have lots of details that you haven't heard of before. Going from a Springer to a PCP is a huge difference, but is totally worth it. Just make sure you research everything you need before you buy the parts to make sure it's the ones you need. 

I am very glad I took BigTinBoat's advice on this forum and went ahead and got a 4500 PSI SCBA tank. I am all set now and enjoy filling my rifle back to the fill pressure I want in seconds. All thanks to BigTinBoat and the rest of the good people here who shared their knowledge and expertise. And yes it does have lots of details that you haven't heard of before. Going from a Springer to a PCP is a huge difference, but is totally worth it. Just make sure you research everything you need before you buy the parts to make sure it's the ones you need.
Congrats. on getting your 4500 psi carbon fiber tank. Did you also get the fill assembly you need. If you did not I hope your are getting a fill assembly to fit an SCBA tank fitting. Another carbon fiber tank many air gunners use has a 300 Din fitting. Those are the ones that Air Tanks For Sale carries. He also sells the fill assembly that fits the SCBA tanks too. Happy Air Gunning. Bill

"AirgunBill"
Congrats. on getting your 4500 psi carbon fiber tank. Did you also get the fill assembly you need. If you did not I hope your are getting a fill assembly to fit an SCBA tank fitting. Another carbon fiber tank many air gunners use has a 300 Din fitting. Those are the ones that Air Tanks For Sale carries. He also sells the fill assembly that fits the SCBA tanks too. Happy Air Gunning. Bill
Thank you very much. I did get the fill assembly from airtanksforsale.com. It is up and running now and I found a Dive shop within 20 mins of where I live that fills to 4500 PSI. This is not a cheap hobby, but it sure is plenty of fun. 

"Stryker100"
"AirgunBill"
Thank you very much. I did get the fill assembly from airtanksforsale.com. It is up and running now and I found a Dive shop within 20 mins of where I live that fills to 4500 PSI. This is not a cheap hobby, but it sure is plenty of fun.
Congrats you will find with a tank you shoot much more

Stryker100, AirgunBill, and BigTinBoat...thank you so much for all this great help and info! Looking at the package for the Marauder, and tanks on AirTanksForSale.com...I think I'll jump on one of those with the midsize tank. I'll have to check with my local FD to see if they'll fill the tank, though, as I don't think my compressor at home will do it. I was amazed seeing the compressor for over $1200 that fills a tank in "less" than 1.5 HOURS! Is that 'normal'? Will it take a FD that long to fill a 71 cubic inch tank? Do I have to worry about moisture? Sheesh, I haven't even ordered the rifle yet and all this...!

"AlliInLL"Stryker100, AirgunBill, and BigTinBoat...thank you so much for all this great help and info! Looking at the package for the Marauder, and tanks on AirTanksForSale.com...I think I'll jump on one of those with the midsize tank. I'll have to check with my local FD to see if they'll fill the tank, though, as I don't think my compressor at home will do it. I was amazed seeing the compressor for over $1200 that fills a tank in "less" than 1.5 HOURS! Is that 'normal'? Will it take a FD that long to fill a 71 cubic inch tank? Do I have to worry about moisture? Sheesh, I haven't even ordered the rifle yet and all this...!

Fire Dept could fill the tank in minutes, but will likely do it slower so that you don't get a heat build up. If they fill it fast to 4500 when the air cools you might have 4000-4100. My F8 shoebox fills to almost 4600 and shuts off. A few hours later it is right on 4500. My shoebox takes a little over 2 hours to raise my 45min tank from 3000-4600. This is normal. If you gedt a faster filling compressor you will need to deal with moisture removal differently. Just not worth it to me. I turn it on when I'm sitting on computer doing something else and just let it go.

This is my setup for my marauder the tank ran me 134$.and the fill Station I've had for years.
imagejpeg