• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

NCstar Adjustable Mount

Hello everyone

A few weeks ago I installed the NcStar Adjustable Height 30mm Ring, and so far I like it...I have no experience with other adjustables (fx no limits or sportsmatch) but this one is pretty nice so far (2 weeks) now I have a huge range on my turrets. It has 2 locking hex 1.5mm screws + a nice wheel to adjust high..and US$15 each ... (ebay).

1556808668_16464826515ccb03dc9ce984.72645411_RAH24 (1).jpg

Just sharing the love ;)

The NCstar mounts are not the greatest for MOA as they go straight up or down however the inside surfaces do dot remain parallel to each other if you adjust them differently . If your not careful you can damage you scope tube. If you want adjustable rings that are good the least costly ones are the FX no limits followed my Sportsmatch. Burris has a system using inserts on the rings which I will trying in a few weeks when my new 34mm Sightron arrives.

the NCstar is only good for resolving height issues of scope in relation to barrel. If you are looking to to better your MOA they are not made for that.

The NCstar mounts are not the greatest for MOA as they go straight up or down however the inside surfaces do dot remain parallel to each other if you adjust them differently . If your not careful you can damage you scope tube. If you want adjustable rings that are good the least costly ones are the FX no limits followed my Sportsmatch. Burris has a system using inserts on the rings which I will trying in a few weeks when my new 34mm Sightron arrives.

the NCstar is only good for resolving height issues of scope in relation to barrel. If you are looking to to better your MOA they are not made for that.

Actually they can tilt. I have used them on my impact with my mtc viper pro and I can hit over 150 yards and plus. You have to take out the two pins that is preventing it from tilting.

To OP. Why pay $15? They are $9.99 with free shipping on eBay. Dude you got scam $10 on buying both for $30 when you could of gotten it for $20. Lol just letting you know.

You worry too much about money @shinynight if you check ebay, the ones you mention are not longer available. I pay 7.99 each (so who get the best deal? 🤪), and yes! they can tilt 👍

@brian10956 thanks for the info, I am shooting submoa @ 100 meters with those and my impact mk2 with slugs and now I can zero @ 200y + (before I couldn't zero my scope @ 65 yards and pellets) (learning about tilt)

I've used a few sets of FX No Limit rings on some of my rifles - for close range shooting.. 
Same deal as long range - I ran out of elevation clicks. They worked great..

On my P15, there's an 11mm dovetail mount, so, that had to be adapted to a picatinny mount.. 
Then the FX rings, so in the end, I can't do a 'cheek mount' anymore.. I have to do a 'jaw mount'. It's annoying..

So.. I grabbed the lowest profile dovetail-to-weaver adapter I could find, and, I grabbed a set of these NcStar mounts..
I'm going to try that combo together and compare it to the more expensive combo..

Something tells me that it should work, and work great.. I just need to get around to actually doing it..

I'll be sure to do a side-by-side comparison when I do, and if I remember, I'll link the thread here too.

🙂👍 

Sam -