• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My Yong Heng compressor setup

I wanted to keep the water and compressor together to make,compact and easier to store.
I built a stand, mounted a bucket and and a pc water cooler. So far it works great.

4b1ed7beb712377e3797e1f06515254b.jpg
2f72b47ad38a0fa9c568c07261ae86fa.jpg

I don't see why everyone keeps wanting to use a radiator. I have a spare one double the size you've got there from my old water-cooled pc but I don't see the sense in using it when it's faster and easier to just use ice or ice packs in the water. Perhaps if your intention is to fill a 60 minute tank or something. Even then you'd have to hover over the machine to do constant bleeds to keep moisture at bay. 

Maybe I'm wrong and I should look into using mine but it seems to me that ice will work much better and keep things much cooler.

That's what I'm preparing for. Got mah Yong Heng and 2.17liter bottle but waiting on the tank fill probe and gun fill whip so I can make use of the bottle. I've got a gallon milk jug of water in my chest freezer turned to ice. I'll be dropping that into my 5 gallon bucket when it comes time to fill. When I filled my Taipan directly I just used ice from my automatic ice maker in my fridge but didn't need much as it filled so quickly, even with my high pressure DIY filter. 

I do agree with a self-contained system though it's just that the heat exchanger / radiator doesn't make sense as ice is faster and gets the water chilled far colder than the heat exchanger ever could.

I want to build or utilize a vertical rack for my setup to take as little footprint in my house/garage as possible. Like they do in Japan when they can't build out, they build UP.