• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My Red Rider bb gun

I bought a Red Rider BB gun maybe 20 years ago thinking I would plink with it, but never got around to it because I am always shooting my "adult" air guns. Like many folks I am stranded at home and I noticed a few days ago that there is a squirrel eating all the bird seed I put out. I live in the country, I used to hunt, I shot, cleaned, cooked and ate squirrels most of my life, so I'm not waving PETA flag, but I don't want to kill the squirrel. My frigging BB gun!! I have shot the same squirrel 6 times in 2 days. The last shot was the best because I coud actually see the BB hit the little critter. I'm feeding the birds on my deck so I'm shooting at 15-20 feet at the most. What fun!

I got one laying around that I bought for my daughter several years ago (I also saw that they make an "adult" version now). Anyways, I shot my daughter's rifle at a plastic trash bin full of rubber mulch to see if it still worked. The BB didn't penetrate the plastic bin, and it bounced off right into one of our sliding glass doors! Thankfully, no damage >.<

Too funny! 😀

That just brought back memories of chasing squirrels around my parent's yard, 
and 'coloring them' as much as I could with my paintball guns. 🤣

Sam -

[Edit] PS: Now that I'm all 'grown up' . . . Okay . . . nothing much has changed.. 
I grabbed one of these Bug-A-Salt 3.0 'Black Fly Edition' guns [and laser site]

https://www.bugasalt.com/products/bug-a-salt-3-0-black-fly-edition?gclid=CjwKCAjw3-bzBRBhEiwAgnnLCqYg93-9w4vPnYD97F5ELVMkGKTjEzAjAh_QAb64J0QDj-oMQ7VSCBoCMdoQAvD_BwE 

And I use it to splatter files and spiders all over the place at our shop and my apartment. 🕷🔫

I actually killed a rabbit with a RedRider bb gun. I was at my mother-in-laws, and she had a rabbit in her garden. My son's BB gun was in the trunk of my car, so I grabbed it and him and went to the backyard. We got inside of 10 yards of the critter, and I took aim and fired. The rabbit jumped straight up on its hind legs and fell over. Dead. It almost looked comical. But there was no BB wound that I ever found on the rabbit. I dunno if it died of a heart attack, or what. Very strange, but it fried up real tasty!