• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My opinion about Vulcan 3. .30 Cal.

With the intro to 700mm barrels, AGT has Alfa make them all. The .22 is the only polygonal profiled of any of the 700mm. Alfa is a Russian barrel. 

With the Ukraine/Russian conflict, Alfa barrels are not going to be used. ALL AGT barrels will now be CZ made. 

As far as the .30 700mm Alfa being defective, that’s a false statement! They are sized large, yes, but not defective. Use the correctly sized slug and you are good.

Edgun Leshiy 2 use Alpha barrels. Nick makes .303 slugs for them now. Something worth trying.

They are defective in being the wrong size. I ordered a .30 not a .30635. The standard .30 airgun ammunition size is .300. I found 1 manufacturer of .3063 slugs and they cost 3X as much as the industry standard .300. Airgun Technology advertised the gun as having a CZ barrel and it does not so the guns were falsely advertised. You do not have to defend wrong doing simply because you're an employee. The following is a quote about the V3 from Airgun Technology on this forum... https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/airgun-technology-vulcan-3/#post-1114082

All barrels are CZ. The .30 is a non-choked barrel. We have plans also for a 700mm .22 non-choked barrel with polygonal profiled rifling.

With the intro to 700mm barrels, AGT has Alfa make them all. The .22 is the only polygonal profiled of any of the 700mm. Alfa is a Russian barrel. 

With the Ukraine/Russian conflict, Alfa barrels are not going to be used. ALL AGT barrels will now be CZ made. 

As far as the .30 700mm Alfa being defective, that’s a false statement! They are sized large, yes, but not defective. Use the correctly sized slug and you are good.

Edgun Leshiy 2 use Alpha barrels. Nick makes .303 slugs for them now. Something worth trying.

They are defective in being the wrong size. I ordered a .30 not a .30635. The standard .30 airgun ammunition size is .300. I found 1 manufacturer of .3063 slugs and they cost 3X as much as the industry standard .300. Airgun Technology advertised the gun as having a CZ barrel and it does not so the guns were falsely advertised. You do not have to defend wrong doing simply because you're an employee. The following is a quote about the V3 from Airgun Technology on this forum... https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/airgun-technology-vulcan-3/#post-1114082

All barrels are CZ. The .30 is a non-choked barrel. We have plans also for a 700mm .22 non-choked barrel with polygonal profiled rifling.

Again, a bore being sized differently than the ammo you prefer doesn’t make it defective. 

As to not being a CZ barrel I got nothing there.

So standard airgun ammo size is .300 that's correct but there is no such thing as standard barrel sizes in airguns. In most calibers. LW is generally highly regarded when it comes to airgun barrels. They run larger than others also. Here's the .30 airgun barrel specs they use.

Screenshot_20220530-105317.1653933485.png

Here's .22 also which is larger than the .217 most think airgun barrels are at.

Screenshot_20220530-105928.1653933602.png

Now on the TJs I know those were specifically designed by Bob Sterne and SeanP and to shoot the JSB 44.75gr pellets. They built the barrel around the specs of the pellet. .300/.294 1:24" twist. people have had good and not good success shooting slugs from that barrel though.

Again, a bore being sized differently than the ammo you prefer doesn’t make it defective.

It does when it's outside the industry standard and not as advertised. I purchased what was advertised CZ and did not get what was advertised. The problem is AT's fault 100%. They knew what they were doing. Tell me you could defend that and win in court. It's an untenable position. You see in the quote above AT was still lying about it when they knew it was wrong. They can't get away with it in Europe and should not get away with it here.

As to not being a CZ barrel I got nothing there.

So standard airgun ammo size is .300 that's correct but there is no such thing as standard barrel sizes in airguns. In most calibers. LW is generally highly regarded when it comes to airgun barrels. They run larger than others also. Here's the .30 airgun barrel specs they use.

Here's .22 also which is larger than the .217 most think airgun barrels are at.

Now on the TJs I know those were specifically designed by Bob Sterne and SeanP and to shoot the JSB 44.75gr pellets. They built the barrel around the specs of the pellet. .300/.294 1:24" twist. people have had good and not good success shooting slugs from that barrel though.

Everything after false advertising is a moot point. It's like littering after you robbed a bank.

It does when it's outside the industry standard and not as advertised. I purchased what was advertised CZ and did not get what was advertised. The problem is AT's fault 100%. They knew what they were doing. Tell me you could defend that and win in court. It's an untenable position. You see in the quote above AT was still lying about it when they knew it was wrong. They can't get away with it in Europe and should not get away with it here.

False adverts and a defective barrel isn’t the same. We can go on and on but let’s agree to disagree I suppose. 

I may not say that my Vulcan 3 is defective in any way.

I had some trouble with the regulator because it arrived not duly tighten and had to recalibrate it without the adequate tool (regulator tester to show the pressure at which regulator it is regulating). But once I achieved it, it shoots at 911 fps the JSB 50.1 grain.

I have not work yet with the trigger of my Vulcan 3. Doubtless the electronic trigger of my Daystate Renegade HP helps in achieving better accuracy. But my Vulcan 3 gives many more shots per fill and is more solid.

Many people say that the Evol is the best rifle because it is solid and accurate.

Well, the Vulcan 3 is solid, accurate, very easy to dissasambled and assamble, it gives many more shots per fill, and the cost is 57% the cost of the Evol.

Daystate Woverine HP is too long and FX are too fragile.

My conclusion:

Vulcan 3 is the ticket !!!!!............ (notwithstanding some may want to make others think that the barrel is not as good as they would like to).

Reactions: Pixturethis
My problem with the .30 cal is that it was promoted as a dedicated slug gun with an unchoked CZ barrel but the barrel is not CZ and it's way over the standard .300 groove diameter, measured .30635

Shoots pellets fast but a lot of air passes the industry standard .300 slugs unless they have a hollow base to act as a pellet skirt to seal better. Mine will have to be rebarreled to be used as I intended when I purchased it. Many would use it as is but the oversize barrel pisses me off.

I like the gun so I'll keep it and fix the things I don't like. I intended to modify this gun from the beginning for more power.

View attachment 215194

My best slug groups at 100yds. Used all the vertical scope adjustment plus 1.5" hold over and the gun has a 20moa rail. NSA 54.5 at 950 max hammer spring.

View attachment 215204View attachment 215214View attachment 215224
Dude I know this is old but if you hunt I asked AVS to make some .3063 solid slugs. 63 grain with space in mag still. They didn't know how they would work well I can't distinguish between the solid accuracy compared to other 2 they make that run perfectly. 300 yard c zone torso steel for fun but double lung punch on javelina and coyotes within 50 to 60 yards with solid