• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My opinion about Vulcan 3. .30 Cal.

The V3 700/.30 I received in a trade really turned out to be an excellent shooter as well (originally purchased through, and set up by Tony at Talon Tunes). Really one of the easier .30 cal guns putting out 108 FPE at the muzzle to shoot very accurately, though I've only taken it out to 50 yards so far. Still, one holing is not a problem at that distance.

I agree with you - it is an excellent gun for the money they are asking for it.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
My problem with the .30 cal is that it was promoted as a dedicated slug gun with an unchoked CZ barrel but the barrel is not CZ and it's way over the standard .300 groove diameter, measured .30635

Shoots pellets fast but a lot of air passes the industry standard .300 slugs unless they have a hollow base to act as a pellet skirt to seal better. Mine will have to be rebarreled to be used as I intended when I purchased it. Many would use it as is but the oversize barrel pisses me off.

I like the gun so I'll keep it and fix the things I don't like. I intended to modify this gun from the beginning for more power.

.306 - Copy.1653175786.jpg

My best slug groups at 100yds. Used all the vertical scope adjustment plus 1.5" hold over and the gun has a 20moa rail. NSA 54.5 at 950 max hammer spring.

T1 - Copy.1653175787.jpg
T2 - Copy.1653175787.jpg
T3 - Copy.1653175787.jpg

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I also got a Vulcan 3 in .30 cal. from Tony a few months back. Haven't had much time to shoot it but one thing I noticed regarding accuracy is that mine is more accurate without any moderator on it. The factory shroud is also just as quiet as it is having a Donny Tatsu on the end. Also mine likes the older Hatsan Vortex 44.75 pellets over the JSB 44.75. I have posted my test groups so far at 50 yds. Fliers messed up a good group with the Vortex pellets. I think sub 1" at 100 yds. is possible. 3" at 200 yds. may be difficult unless everything is perfect.

As for the slugs, I haven't shot any through it yet but the .30 cal. 700mm barrel is stated as being un-choked so it is intended for slug shooting.

P1230496.1653177979.JPG
P1230490.1653178014.JPG
P1230492.1653178066.JPG

I got up early to try to make a 200 yards shooting from the window of my SUV.

On this rifle I mounted a hunting scope ( SFP and mildot reticle 3-9 X), in order to have fast aiming point reference. 

I realized that in order to be able to make groups at that distance I would need my bench rest and a FFP scope with more magnification. 

So... 

I do not have slugs nor the adecuate bench place to shoot at 200 yards. 

What I can confirm is that the rifle is accurate for hunting purposes at responsable shooting distance. Hitting a rabbit at 200 yards is not an issue with this rifle if you do your job. But for a coyote, a javalina and a wild turkey you will be shooting at 90 yards top, and at that distance you can choose the dime size spot in which you want the pellets to hit, and it will. 

you will be shooting at 90 yards top, and at that distance you can choose the dime size spot in which you want the pellets to hit, and it will.

Could we see some of those consistent 90 yard dime size groups?

The targets I print are small crosses. What I will try to do is hittng one pellets in the center and one on each of the tips of the cross. 

Already changed the scope for a FFP.

Will share the results.

The cross is too small to aime at the four points and center at 85 yards, as I pretended in my previous comment.

i aimed at the center of the cross.

The lower shot was made when few front wind started to blow.

The Vulcan 3 is accurate. This five shot group in not bad for 85 yards:

It's good but far from consistent dime size groups at 90 yards.

My only problem with the gun is that it was marketed as a slug gun but to my knowledge there is only one source for .306 slugs that fit the oversize barrel and they cost 3X the normal price of .300 slugs so slug gun it is not.

Happy hunting my friend.

James

Heavy-Impact 

if the Vulcan 3 .30 caliber guns don’t have CZ barrels who makes them and why are they advertised as CZ.

I would really like to know.

Marco

The defective barrels were made by Alfa Precision but I don't know why Airgun Technology decided to cheat their customers on that one. I made my purchase based on what Airgun Technology advertised and Airgun Technology should replace my barrel with the proper bore and groove size CZ barrel to make it right or reimburse me for the TJ's barrel I've ordered.

Reactions: Corkscrew
Krale advertises the .30 long as being polygonal Alpha Precision. I e-mailed them about what barrel I would be getting and they responded with "as far as I know they are not choked and as long as the accuracy is there then that is all that matters". Great non-answer LOL. I heard later batches are CZ. I will not buy a gun without knowing exactly what barrel I'm getting. 

Krale advertises the .30 long as being polygonal Alpha Precision. I e-mailed them about what barrel I would be getting and they responded with "as far as I know they are not choked and as long as the accuracy is there then that is all that matters". Great non-answer LOL. I heard later batches are CZ. I will not buy a gun without knowing exactly what barrel I'm getting.

When I ordered all advertisements said CZ barrels and .30 caliber slugs are .300 inch, not .3064 inch. I've sent an email to Airgun Technology about this. I bet they tell me to take it up with the place I purchased it but their bait and switch is not the importer's fault. I'll just have to wait on their response.

My barrel is not polygonal.

Well that’s very interesting. Don’t get me wrong my Vulcan 3 .30cal shoots pellets very nice but slugs not so good I really thought this one would shoot slugs disappointed about that. I have a vixen long in .22 it is a great gun than I bought the Vulcan and I want to buy the uragan in 25 to cover all the base’s. I ordered some slugs from AVS that are .3033 and 3063 to see if they work fore my barrel. Fingers crossed. We will see. Thanks for the information maybe we all can get AGT to help us out somehow.

Marco

Well that’s very interesting. Don’t get me wrong my Vulcan 3 .30cal shoots pellets very nice but slugs not so good I really thought this one would shoot slugs disappointed about that. I have a vixen long in .22 it is a great gun than I bought the Vulcan and I want to buy the uragan in 25 to cover all the base’s. I ordered some slugs from AVS that are .3033 and 3063 to see if they work fore my barrel. Fingers crossed. We will see. Thanks for the information maybe we all can get AGT to help us out somehow.

Marco

I linked this thread in my email so everyone who isn't happy with their 700mm .30 caliber should say so to get Airgun Technology to do the right thing.

With the intro to 700mm barrels, AGT has Alfa make them all. The .22 is the only polygonal profiled of any of the 700mm. Alfa is a Russian barrel. 

With the Ukraine/Russian conflict, Alfa barrels are not going to be used. ALL AGT barrels will now be CZ made. 

As far as the .30 700mm Alfa being defective, that’s a false statement! They are sized large, yes, but not defective. Use the correctly sized slug and you are good.