MY NEW KRAL BREAKER SILENT BULL PUP...HONEST REVIEW!

"OldCorps"Just checked my order at PA and it says "on hold". They are out of stock on the regular synthetic stock in .25. When I ordered last night it said IN STOCK. Not a happy camper as if I'd been told I'd have ordered the Marine model right away. It shows in stock (really???) so I cancelled last night's order and ordered the Marine version. Now I hope I don't check tomorrow to find out they've put this order on hold without telling me!
Sorry for the rant. GGGRRRRR!
Ed
I ordered the Marine version and am topping it with a Leuopold VX-3i silver scope with silver Weaver high rings. The marine looks awesome IMO, hopefully you will like it. I actually though it was worth the extra money, as the silver set up with the scope and rings is going to look amazing. I will post pics when the scope gets here.

Here's how I have it set up now, scope is sitting on rail low like I like it. I have a couple other scope options, but switched to this one today and really like the fit and the few ounces of weight going down from a 14.5" / 30mm to a 8.5" / 1" Bugbuster.

ok Here's full scope

It took a bit to get me to try the compact, but glad I did I can always put the other scope back, but I saw a few bullpups with compacts, had to give it a go.

Ramjet and Willie...First Ramjet, Jimmy was in reference to the crazy but lovable Jimmy Fussell of the handle "Camp Fussell" he own a kalibri Hummingbird. Very short, Stout and very very accurate.

Shooting his bird is what sold me on a bull pup. I did not think that I would like a short rifle. I do!

Willie, it is standard procedure in working a trigger group for match grade performance to polish the sear, actuator and other metal to metal contact point to a mirror finish to allow less friction resistance. That is the best and safest course to take. I noted earlier in this post that I wanted my trigger lighter because i'm used to real light triggers on my guns used in competition. For example my Steyer LG 110 FT trigger is at 2.6 oz.

The trigger on the Kral can be adjusted to around 2 lb or slightly less and the safety will work. I just don't chamber a pellet until I am ready to shoot

Ed, that really does suck that they are out.

I would call and see if they can give you a timeline when they will be back.

I liked the look of the Marine model..(Marine and shiny, what's not to like lol) but I was not sure I would like it. The marine word is deceiving in a way. The gun is has parts of aluminum and steel..... but not stainless steel! That would be true marine conditions resistance.

That tells me that the barrel and some other parts are coated/painted.. I have a solid aluminum moderator on one of my rifles from a famous tuner. The moderator looks almost like bead blasted aluminum. The coating, or what ever he used, would leave smudges from your hands when touched. The marks would not wipe off. I ended up wrapping with automotive carbon fiber. Looks fine and stays clean.

I don't know what kind of coating they use, but I figured that the normal blueing of the steel would hold up better under the rights of hunting outdoors. IMHO...

"strikefast"OldCorps and Dart

I have looked at reversing the shroud. It is not threaded on the end at the breach. It has a glued on knurled plastic piece that holds an Order ring to keep the shroud snug.

When you unscrew the shroud there is an internal threaded tube. It is held at that position by a tiny grub screw and friction. You would have to thread the end near the breech and move the internal thread tube matter moving it will need to drill and tap the shroud to hold that piece in the new shroud end. I only can guess from what I see.

I can see that you could take the internal threaded piece and just move it further back in the shroud and drill and tap a new grub screw home. Then you would be able to unscrew the front cap like now and add the additional baffles... Simple to me. I am sticking with what ever amount I can get in there. I have a 1)2" UNF moderator that I put on the gun but I had to take the cap and cover ring off the air tube to fit.

It is a 7" moderator and did look cool. But too long for my needs..

Thanks bud!! This helps in making decision to get one. The KRAL may be a slightly different beast but looks totally do-able. Thanks again!

"Smaug"Ok, kkarmical: someone has got to tell you: That dinky little scope looks ridiculous on that gun. :) I like the little Bugbusters too, but geez, it's like wearing plaid, polyester bellbottoms with a tight fitting sport shirt.

Were you just testing us to see if we were too polite to point out that your fly's open?
Can't stop laughing…..that's hysterical bro!

Hey, I still have "Big Collar" velour brass zipper down the front with a ring pull shirts…
Never know. They MIGHT come back in fashion...

Good to hear CD...Glad it was a simple fix

Hey guys, I found something interesting on the bottom of the Kral's air tube. I was about to go out and sight back in with the new Athlon scope. As I filled the gun I took notice of some writing under the air tube. You can see it in the photo. It appears that they labeled a expiration date on the air tune!!! I guess it's for insurance purposes.... Have any of you ever seen this on any of your other airguns? 

Also Kkarmical i like the look of the marine...sharp! Can you tell us what is actual aluminun and what is coated or painted??
Thanks 

Smaug, Are you saying with regards to the bug buster size, that size matters? I resemble that remark.....! Too funny dude.

"Olevey"
"OldCorps"Just checked my order at PA and it says "on hold". They are out of stock on the regular synthetic stock in .25. When I ordered last night it said IN STOCK. Not a happy camper as if I'd been told I'd have ordered the Marine model right away. It shows in stock (really???) so I cancelled last night's order and ordered the Marine version. Now I hope I don't check tomorrow to find out they've put this order on hold without telling me!
Sorry for the rant. GGGRRRRR!
Ed
I ordered the Marine version and am topping it with a Leuopold VX-3i silver scope with silver Weaver high rings. The marine looks awesome IMO, hopefully you will like it. I actually though it was worth the extra money, as the silver set up with the scope and rings is going to look amazing. I will post pics when the scope gets here.

Happy to report that this Marine's Marine is in the hands of FedEx and scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Yahooo!

Ed

Strikefast-I wuz thinking the same as you re. the durability of the silver finish of the Marine version, even though I really liked the look. But not being a patient man once I make up my mind I decided to jump on one when I discovered they didn't have any of the regular synthetic stock ones & wouldn't have anymore until the end of April. Should be here tomorrow!
kkarmical-I'm not gonna belittle your little bugbuster, I think it looks great! Besides I'm wanting you to 'splain exactly what steps you followed to get the shroud backasswards to allow it to be filled up with Mrod baffles. Please??? Thank you sir.

Ed

Hey Ed, I can tell you how I would do it simply.

Just unscrew the shroud and remove the grub screw on the threaded fitting that it holds. Then push the fitting back further into the shroud to where the Xtra baffles would fit. Then measure into the back of the tube to the fixture to get where you need to drill and tap for the new grub screw placement.

Put the shroud back on and you have an extended shroud....

"strikefast"Hey Ed, I can tell you how I would do it simply.

Just unscrew the shroud and remove the grub screw on the threaded fitting that it holds. Then push the fitting back further into the shroud to where the Xtra baffles would fit. Then measure into the back of the tube to the fixture to get where you need to drill and tap for the new grub screw placement.

Put the shroud back on and you have an extended shroud....

No just turn it around use the same hole, no need of a second hole.
Turn it push the fitting in from the short end, then replace grub back into fitting. Then the longer side is facing out when you replace shroud