MY NEW KRAL BREAKER SILENT BULL PUP...HONEST REVIEW!

"strikefast"Ramjet, a friend of mine..Camp Fussrll on this forum has a K hummingbird and absolutely loves it.

It was what sold me on a bull pup. I always Poo Poo'd them. But as they say.... Don't knock it until you try it! ...........strike , I am not knocking the KPb , I am /was interested , in one to tide me over till I get the H/B back, I just sent it to Ernest for repair, I purch it last summer right before I had a stroke, & it came non operable (I think it was damaged in shipping) any ways I just shipped it out Saturday, & I am anxiuous to get it back as it is short & lightweight, & cocking on the left, , roger

Ok and update on this Kral. I had to take a break after I made a simple mod to lighten the trigger a bit. Afterward, every time I put the stock back on it would not cock and lock.....I figured out the problem...ME !

There is a hole/pocket in the rear of the stock that looks like the action just set down into. I have put the stock on straight down many times without this issue.

Apparently I was doing it wrong. You need to put the stock on at a slight angled down toward the rear to make sure this pocket accepts the actuator link with out any pressure. Otherwise it trips the sear and holds it open....See? I told you it is the simple things that bite me in the ... Well you know.

Now another tidbit. The bolt that goes through the pistol grip to attach the stock had two (at least on my gun) VERY aggressive lock washers. If they are up it feels like the stock is tightening down but it is just tightening on these washers. If you lift the gun by the stock while upside down to put it upright, it could fall I out of the stock.
When I say aggressive I mean they look like something that would be on Jason Statham's car wheels in the Death Race movie....

I managed to get the trigger to average out at 1.17 lbs. This is fine for hunting. I did make it a single stage. I made the mod by the method I described previously.

My new Atheon FFP scope arrived this afternoon and I will put it on after dinner... I will use tall rings so I can use the cheek piece that came with the gun. As I described it is usless with low rings. I will make a nice wood cheek piece to fit me later. I have done this with my other rifle s.

The rest of the week will be dedicated to practice for a field target match at Deep Woods in South Carolina. And tinkering in-between.......lol

Well I mounted the new Athlon Argos 6-24X50 scope. it sits on the pup well. iit is 14.5" long and makes the setup a nice compact rig, at 29" total overall length from butt end to shroud tip.

this will be a super setp for huntimg from a pop up blind or even in a ladder stand or tree stand. Debating about putting a sling on it. I really don't need one as it is great to carry with the gun upside down by the thin piece between the stock and pistol grip.

That pup looks ready to POUNCE!! A sling will come in handy when stalking. My vision isn't as good as use to be, so using binos, range finder, and phone for ChairGun (yup someone forgot his range cards) you'll appreciate a sling. A sling also help stabilize the rifle when shouldering, if adjusted right. Happy shootin!

P.S You'll really like that scope. It helped get my longest confirm kill on a ground squirrel (152yds) with a MRod 22.....until I dropped the scope and it wouldn't align correctly...so I had to put it to sleep. Yup, I did a Carlos Hathcock experiment to see if a 25cal could shoot thru the scope, it didn't! :p

"Really appreciate all the info including the "gotchas" you've run into. I'm sure I'll experience some of the same ones and then I'll know the proper fix. Your gun looks awesome with that beautiful big bucks scope on it! I'm just going to put a 3-12X44 BSA SF that I picked up for a song from Midway when they were on clearance, at least for now. Happy shooting my friend!"

This gun will only be used for some plinking and when hunting it just accompanies me to the blind. The critters come to me while deer hunting. Not a real need to sling it.

I offhand shoot in competitions without a sling. It actually throws me off.

If I still hunt like when I lived home in PA, I use a sling and military wrap I learned in the service...

"kkarmical"Nice. With the shroud turned mine measures 32.5" but will take 9 Marauder baffles and spring.
I had a 14.5" scope on at first, but just changed out to a 8.5" Bugbuster.
I'm really like the balance, and how lightweight it is.

I ordered a set of the Mrod baffles (only 7 though?) and a spring. Hope it obvious how the shroud is "turned around" to use them when I get the rifle.

Ed

"kkarmical"Nice. With the shroud turned mine measures 32.5" but will take 9 Marauder baffles and spring.
I had a 14.5" scope on at first, but just changed out to a 8.5" Bugbuster.
I'm really like the balance, and how lightweight it is.
Roger that strikefast!

kkarmical- would you consider 9 baffles good enough? Adding 3.5" isn't that bad and also an inexpensive option. Or, If one was to add a moderator, a 5" would probably be the minimum length (for a 25cal). Do we need to do any mods to the shroud to reverse it? 

Using any slick hard agent would stand the chance of breaking up or splintering leaving that or small particles to get into the hammer channel. It could cause gouging or slowing of the hamner. Look at the photo I posted in this post to see that the hammer guide tube is exposed on o e side. The crap coming off the sear is in direct contact with the lower front of the hammer/striker.

Taking out the sear and possibly the striker and polishing both on a linen whelk with black cutting polish would def help to lessen the friction.

I don't think this is necessary since the adjustment can reach 1.17 lb without polishing. Perfectly respectable for hunting or plinking.
I would only do that if I was using a .177 for competitions.

OldCorps and Dart

I have looked at reversing the shroud. It is not threaded on the end at the breach. It has a glued on knurled plastic piece that holds an Order ring to keep the shroud snug.

When you unscrew the shroud there is an internal threaded tube. It is held at that position by a tiny grub screw and friction. You would have to thread the end near the breech and move the internal thread tube matter moving it will need to drill and tap the shroud to hold that piece in the new shroud end. I only can guess from what I see.

I can see that you could take the internal threaded piece and just move it further back in the shroud and drill and tap a new grub screw home. Then you would be able to unscrew the front cap like now and add the additional baffles... Simple to me. I am sticking with what ever amount I can get in there. I have a 1)2" UNF moderator that I put on the gun but I had to take the cap and cover ring off the air tube to fit.

It is a 7" moderator and did look cool. But too long for my needs..

Just checked my order at PA and it says "on hold". They are out of stock on the regular synthetic stock in .25. When I ordered last night it said IN STOCK. Not a happy camper as if I'd been told I'd have ordered the Marine model right away. It shows in stock (really???) so I cancelled last night's order and ordered the Marine version. Now I hope I don't check tomorrow to find out they've put this order on hold without telling me!
Sorry for the rant. GGGRRRRR!
Ed

"strikefast"Ramjet, trust me I would prefer the Jimmy over the KBP any day if the week.

This is purely a hunter. If I had a hummingbird I would try it for FT in .177
Strike I assume you are calling the H/B the (jimmy) ? did you get to shoot it ? I purchased one about 2 yrs ago , it didn't work , sent it back , & again received not working & sold it , I really am hoping for this one to work & I am sure it will , it's in Ernest's hand now.

"strikefast ........... "Well I mounted the new Athlon Argos 6-24X50 scope. it sits on the pup well. iit is 14.5" long and makes the setup a nice compact rig, at 29" total overall length from butt end to shroud tip.

this will be a super setp for huntimg from a pop up blind or even in a ladder stand or tree stand. Debating about putting a sling on it. I really don't need one as it is great to carry with the gun upside down by the thin piece between the stock and pistol grip.

Ok rub it in , now you really got me wanting one , nice looking setup you have there

"OldCorps"Just checked my order at PA and it says "on hold". They are out of stock on the regular synthetic stock in .25. When I ordered last night it said IN STOCK. Not a happy camper as if I'd been told I'd have ordered the Marine model right away. It shows in stock (really???) so I cancelled last night's order and ordered the Marine version. Now I hope I don't check tomorrow to find out they've put this order on hold without telling me!
Sorry for the rant. GGGRRRRR!
Ed...... when I checked early afternoon the were all of them out of stock , at least it is what I saw..