MY NEW KRAL BREAKER SILENT BULL PUP...HONEST REVIEW!

Thanks for that, stikefast. The community here on AGN is really great to be around.

Got some time this a.m. before I hit the rack. The CPHP at 14.3 grains were flying g over 950 at full power. Half power slowed them down to a deadly accurate 750-ish. Those are my locally available pellets and will be fine for plinking.

Eunjin 28.5 grain pellets showed 36 FPE at full power and held a decent group at 30 yards. That is a whole lotta punch compared to my 14fpe Prod. I will work on range compensation cards this week. Gotta say I'm loving the KPBS so far.

Party on Wayne!

First strike on a rabbit was devastation. The 28.4g eunjin to the shoulder knocked the jackrabbit off its feet and it was stone dead when it hit the ground.

WYSHADOW and I met up today for a short foray into ground squirrel hunting. My first time going after that particular quarry. The area was hit hard two weeks ago when WYSHADOW nails 25+ in a few hours, but a few of the buggers came out to play catch. I was a little slow seeing the targets, I blame it on working nights and being awake during my normal sleep period. Still had a great time. The three I shot were as impressed with the Kral as I am. DRT time. 

I spent some more time sighting, and found the 14.3g CPHP on full powered to be very close to zeroed at 75 yards. We were rolling a soda can around with the Kral and my son did pretty well at 70 yards with the P-ROD. That kid can shoot.

JmNM, the Kral's came through originally with a zinc or other weak metal cocking lever. They broke in short order. Don't know if the newer batch has solid levers instead of cast

Look back in this thread and there is a fellow machining solid levers if yours breaks. 

I replaced mine with a Evanix Rainstorm lever by drilling out the piviot hole with a 3/16" drill bit.

Spent several minutes shooting JimNM's Kral. Other then the trigger its a great gun and i'm quite impressed. The ergonomics of the gun is comfortable to shoot; the wood stock is very pleasing; was very impressed at how well it shot the 28 grain Eunjin out to 80 yards; I did noticed it didn't shoot the 14 grain crosmans as good as the Eunjins but I didn't try shooting the pellet on medium power; it does have a bark to the gun when shot on high power but on med power it was very quite; cycling the lever action mag was very smooth. The kral has a short pull to the lever to cycle the mag which was different and I don't remember the cricket I used to own was the same. Maneuverability it is a typical short bullpup which made it easy to hunt with. The trigger has a very hard first stage but does let off cleanly on a hard second stage. If I could put how the trigger was, it felt like squeezing a week old marshmallow left in the sun but we were still able to shoot a soda can consistently out to 80 yards. If you didn't have anything to compare the trigger to and was your only gun, one could still shot the kral very very well.

Man, this gun makes me grin every time i look at it. It is shooting very well, and those 28.4g pellets really haul the energy down range. I just ordered a handful of baffles from THammer, and will get a replacement cocking lever in the near future for good measure.

I just dropped an order for a 1000 more of the heavy pellets for hunting. Time to go see my air supplier again soon.

Do you know how hard it is to make myself sleep during the day while I can hear the KPBS talking to me? It says "c'mon... the wind is not blowing and you have time to play". I have to move it out of the room so I can sleep.

Jim, that's too funny! Mine has not spoken to me. It gets drowned out by my Steyer LG110 telling me a competition is coming this weekend. ......

Be sides, the KBS is in the hunting truck, waiting to cap more squirrels while deer hunting! So far since I have been taking it this season, I can have not missed one head shot..... Really have learned to love this bull pup. 

Glad to see you are enjoying the rifle. I still think even with a few mods, it is a bargain for the money. Have you hunted with it yet?

Yes, I have laid out a few jackrabbits and Wyshadow took me to his squirrel hunting grounds. I only got onto 3 squirrels that day, but the Kral made a huge impact on all of them. My thought when I hit them was..."hey, that looked just like a hit in a HunterOne video..." Yep - HunterOne shows it just like it happens, although he shoots .30 cal IIRC.

​I have shot jacks for the last 20 years - need some more time to see the Squirrels like Wyshadow can. He has ninja power, I think.

Dropped an order for a quiet kit from Thammer last night . Luck would have it that during my Kral-time today I noticed the dreaded cocking-handle-pop-out-with every-shot prelude to breakage. I knew it would happen, and it did.

Back to the website and dropped another order, this time for a solid metal-never-gonna-break lever. Troy (Mr Hammer) gladly agreed to combine those two orders for one shipping container. Win-win!

For the next week or so, the Kral is on injured reserve. It's gonna be a looong week.

I own the KRAL PB in 22. Pretty sweet pkg for the dough. The fit and finish is just OK but, its a toy for me. Comparing it to a HATSAN (at44), quality seems about the same, slight edge on my HATSAN. The Kral trigger needs some tweaking and the power adjuster is cool if you need it. The biggest difference is the shot count. I have the Huma reg in the at44, 35 good shots on the reg, 18 JSBs at 860ish, 70 shots out of the Kral bone stock not POI shift. Now, my Kral does not like JSB 18s so Ive been on Beji Premiers 14.3. Getting right at 70 shots in 842 fps, very very consistent. The Kral acts like a regulated gun. Kral has a 280 cc tank, Hatsans is 230 (long version) with a reg and Im getting right at 2x the shots. The Hatsan is more accurate IMO. With some more pellet testing the Kral will go great. Hatsans mags are faster to load and just so simple, love them..Krals works well too. A side lever on the Kral is the only change it needs. Buy one, if you can find them in stock!

"JimNM"Dropped an order for a quiet kit from Thammer last night . Luck would have it that during my Kral-time today I noticed the dreaded cocking-handle-pop-out-with every-shot prelude to breakage. I knew it would happen, and it did.

Back to the website and dropped another order, this time for a solid metal-never-gonna-break lever. Troy (Mr Hammer) gladly agreed to combine those two orders for one shipping container. Win-win!

For the next week or so, the Kral is on injured reserve. It's gonna be a looong week.

Sorry to hear that Kral STILL hasn't replaced those crappy pot-metal levers which says (to me anyway) they most certainly haven't upgraded the junk valve stems. Forgive my negative comments but Kral left me with a bitter taste for their products. On a somewhat brighter note you'll really like the quiet kit and when your valve stem snaps in two Troy can take care of that for you as he did mine. I still like my PB after getting a proper lever and replacing the valve stem but Kral won't see any more of my $$$. Best of luck my friend!

Ed

+1 to those that went before and paved the road with their blood, sweat and tears. I did expect that my gun was to be of the first generation with the shoddy metal parts. At the time of purchase, there were no synthetic stocks available anywhere. Had I waited a month, new stock would have arrived from foreign shores. At the most basic level I knew that my order was from the dregs of the first inventory to arrive in the U.S....and those all had sub-standard levers from the start.

Ergo, ipso facto, pepto bimol etc., I had no real delusion of getting any updated pieces on my gun, unless I installed them myself.

I can hardly make myself shoot the Prod now. It feels like a huge step backwards. My son will have to take over the Prod.

Ha, I bet your son will just hate that! Lol

Also go back and read about the sear not being hardened. Mine has been hardened. However, My valve is the original and the gun it now pumped up to 50 FPE. I saw where others had an issue with their valve stems. 

I have not had any failures there. I have been shooting it hunting and when sighting in/practice and so far so good.