• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

MY NEW KRAL BREAKER SILENT BULL PUP...HONEST REVIEW!

Airgunmonkey is correct they don't ship to SA, that's for a lot of items, not all though .... tossers, not sure who decides what gets sent here or not. I ordered from Amazon a set of Rugged Ridge rubber mats for my Rubicon.... good quality and was double the price after the taxes were added but it was still cheaper than here in S.A. 

Airgunmonkey where are you situated...

I have the .22 cal, and did not receive a rail with it as its the Walnut Stock version. Had a look at the bi-pod, I do like it, so will do some searching and see who is the cheapest and ship to SA. 

Strikefast appreciate all your input regarding the KRAL and accessories, ED you too mate.... all new for me, but nice, been a while... brings back some good memories... 

Regarding the ZAR/Dollar yes it is around ZAR 12.91 / $ 1 its quite a kick in the teeth when you do buy things, as its not just the dollar exchange but taxes, courier costs.... its actually ridiculous how we get ripped off....anyway suppose all part of the fun.

Just found a company who sells the bipod here ....WTF..... ZAR 4900.00 is the cheapest avail.... surely not....here is the website...http://www.euroopticafrica.co.za have a look....that would be $ 380.00 if you convert it..... Unfortunately I don't have any friends in the USA, have a friend going to Oshkosh soon.

Regarding the ammo ED...I will do some searching as their is some good stuff available here, not everyone stocks .22 cal....sorry to hear of your failure, never nice when your weapon lets you down....

This looks really good, well designed and not to expensive.... made by Leapers.

TL_BP02_FEA_5.gif

"Barcelona92"This is a good report. L got the Walnut .22 and need a good silencer. The Hugget Belita and Weirauch don't work too well. Live in Spain. Any ideas on better sound supression?
Adrian

This "Kral Quiet Kit" works great and other than extending the shroud a very small amount maintains stock appearance
Installation video:
His website:
http://annihilatorairgunsandtuning.com/
Hope this helps.

Ed

Yesterday I was shooting from the Puncher Breaker .
The trigger was not acceptable for me at all.
My QB78D has much much much better factory trigger.

In the Gregor Puncher video review (side n4 ) I have saw that trigger is possible to adjust to 0,4kg.
In another video I have saw that factory trigger weight is about 1,1kg.

Is it possible to adjust the trigger on Punchers Breaker to 0,4kg too ?
Had someone tried to tune also the trigger sear ?

Shorec, 

If you go back near the start of my podt, you will see where I attempted to take the trigger to a lighter pull. 

It is not a good set up. The actuator bar and linkage are crude as is the sear style. First off the sear is soft and needs to be heat hardened to make it stronger.

The sear release design is crude as I said. It simply just moves up in front of the hammer when the bolt is cocked. A pull on the trigger just pulls the sear down and let's the hammer slip past it to fire the gun. 

Therein lies the problem. As you adjust the trigger tension nut, it pulls the sear down closer to the point of release. At a point of.getting lighter, the gun will not cock and hold the bolt.

You can get it to the point of not cocking, and then back off the adjustment until the gun cocks again. Just be carefull as the safety will not work at that tension.. Take your hand an rap the action to see if it triggers the bolt release. All this adjustment has to be done with the stock off to access the adjuster.

You could polish the sear end after hardening or redesign the sear by grinding, but I have not tried that as I have it light enough for a hunting trigger. 

Also ho back and read the way to put the action back in the stock if you have not done it before. The action needs to be tilted back as you put it in the stock. There is a home in the stocks rear that the adjusting screw for the hammer it fits in. Otherwise the actuator bar is pressed on by the stock and prevents it being cocked back.

When I received my puncher breaker it was completely dead ,zero on the the meter,so I started putting air in it and it started blowing out between the meter and the air cylinder...you could see the o ring bulging out,so I took it apart and reset it and all was good for 24 hrs ,but the next time I went to shoot it was empty again,called pyramid and they sent me out a new o ring,installed it at all was good again...for 24 hrs,walked in the door tonight to the sound of the gun puking all its air again and the o ring bulging out again,so my question is am I doing something wrong?is there supposed to be some kind of lube or sealant on that o ring,or should I really be cranking down on that meter?i would have thought the amount of force I used was sufficient,any thoughts?

Even knowing of the flaws (lever and sear and valve) in the Kral PBS, I am drawn like a moth to this gun. I saved my lunch money and got one ordered. I woke up early today in anticipation of an early Christmas,...and waited and waited and waited. The big brown truck pulled up at 10 mins before sundown and 45 mins before I had to suit up for work.

Just enough time to mount a scope and find that I need a different adaptor for the fill plug. Dadgum. But hey, there is enough air in the tank for a few shots. This gun is a solid upgrade from my PRod. I go into this adventure with a good base of knowledge thanks to the trail blazing y'all have done already. Thanks to all who shared their successes.

Long live the Kral!

JimNM, I guess I should add my final results for my post here. I started out to just do a report on the Good, The Bad, and the Ugly of this bull pup. It ended up going into a really gratifying post with many others commenting, and even having Troy hammer and several others to manufacture parts to correct the issues.

As I posted, I gave my gun to Will Piatt to tune it and add a Green Mountain barrel to it. This after I was done testing and modding what I could do. The increase to 50 FPE from 28, and the accuracy is superb. It was very accurate with the original barrel but now that this one "seasoned" in, it is lights out to 100 yards!

It is exactly what I wanted to accompany me in my hunting blind. Short and powerfu,l to rid me of pesky squirrels that cart off my cob corn from the bait pile. Here in NC it is legal and necessary to bait deer due to the impenetrable briers. Paying for corn cost a good bit each year, so the squirrels need to be pested off your stand. (Bonus,They taste good too)

I only turned the barrel band down to make the barrel truly free floated, and added a total of 7 Maurader bushings to the moderator. The .25 have a bit of a bark with the 4 that come with it. Now it is quiet enoug,h that after one squirrel is downed, the others will return fairly quickly.

I am very pleased with this hefty little gun. I was not sure if i would like the bull pup design, but have become accustomed to it now, to the point that I would purchase another rifle in that form.

​BTW it should have come with the necessary probe to fill the gun. If not contact the seller! They should send you one for no charge!

Good luck with your Kral Jim

last week I had 5 tree rats taking cobs off and returning for more. Season came in and there afre 5 less working on taking money from my pocket!

Rock on Garth! I have read and re-read this thread twice now. I am really excited about the new gun. I am a left handed shooter and I feel the format will not cause any problems for me.

Thanks for the reassurances. I will shoot the first pest in your honour. 

I did get a fill probe, but I need to get a foster male quick connect to adapt to my tank and pump, so Incan still use them with the Prod as well as the KPBS. My son will inherit the Prod in the very near future.

HA! Like the Mike Myers reference....!

The only problem with the gun is that cheek piece. I put on tall rings to bring it closer to my eye height on my cheek weld. I still have to maneuver around to get it right. I may consider putting a 1" scope riser on it after this season. I shoot field target competitions around the East Coast with my Steyr LG110. I have a 1" custom made Pete Mateo's riser on it to get my head and sight picture upright, without canting over the gun. I would like to get the Kral to be the same,

I I do, I will add to my thread here for others to give their opinions. It will require a droop mount most likely, but would make the shooting that much more enjoyable...

If you need any help with the rifle, post here and I, or others would be glad to offer what we can, 

Also if you decide to keep the rifle and don't mind spend a few bucks to have it tuned and stabilized, I can send you Will Piatts info who did my gun. He is a personal friend and air gun club member. He does great work and have a stellar reputation in the air gun community.

Reactions: JimNM