MY NEW KRAL BREAKER SILENT BULL PUP...HONEST REVIEW!

Rob, I forgot. I bought a Magpul short picatinny rail on Amazon.com. it is solid aluminum. Easy to mount without special tools. Just a drink and proper bit. 

The Magpul has two holes for mounting so I drilled the front hole out wider to accept the original bolt that the Kral rail came with. Only drilled down far enough to widen the hole for the Kral's larger head. You need to stop so the bolt has shoulders in the Magpul rail to pull the mount down to the stock

That aligns the Magpul rail with the gun. Then I simply drilled a hole through the stock where the Magpul's bolt could be used.

Very solid now with no movements. I put an Atlas clone bipod from Amazon on it..

As far as showing your age, Ed and myself are former active US Marines and I was discharged in 1974 and Ed earlier than that. So you are in good 'ol company here....lol

Good luck with the Breaker...

Paul-Good idea installing that Magpul rail by opening up one hole enough that the OEM bolt will fit down in it. I tried applying a coat of 2 part epoxy to he bottom of the original rail then using Loctite on the bolt. Worked ok but eventually it still starts to move. I've got a few Magpul rails laying around. If I have one short enough I'm going to do what you did today. I also have an Atlas clone on mine.

Rob-It'd be interesting to know where in SA you are. Re. ammo, try the JSB 15.89 or 18.13. Mine's a .25/6.35 caliber and does best with JSB 25.39 or Air Arms 25.4, although it really isn't very pellet picky. Does well with H&N Barracuda 31.xx also.

Ed

Hi Strikefast and Ed

My apologies.... South Africa, you guys have the monopoly in gun accessories ranges etc...etc... this is boody Africa....lol

I thought I was imagining that when pushing up the power that the trigger become a little stiffer....makes sense, polishing I will do.

So you changed the barrel, and your benefits, presume better grouping and longer shots... is the barrel longer. 

Regards 

Only see the updated messages after I submitted mine.... we don't have the 25 cal in S.A yet... only the .177 & .22 cal.

Also excuse my ignorance as I am no Gunsmith, when asking future questions... 

Regarding my military career I was a Helicopter Flight Engineers, operating Alouette III , Gunships, during the Angola border war had either a twin 303 browning machine gun or a 20 mm gun fitted and normal home Ops and SAR...currently I am an Helicopter AME touring in Namibia...., enough of that.

Will google the Bi-pods, they are quite pricey here though.

Rob, can you order from Amazon.com? If so they have the Atlas clone bipod for around $49.00 US.
d
Don't worry about questions... There are no bad ones. We all start somewhere. 
For one I would love to shoot a 20 mm myself!

My Barr is the same length, all that is different is that the shroud is moved forward about 2" to allow me to add a total of seven Benjamin Maurader baffles in it. They fit perfect without the spring from the kit. If not moved forward you can get 4 baffles in without the spring. The baffke kit can be bought online.... The four would quiet the .177 considerably.

What restrictions are there to shipping to you in SA? What Postal, UPS, DHL or other shipper do you receive. You know a nice person in the US could get a product and ship it to you if there is no restrictions on the item. .. lol

Ed and Kkarmichael. You are correct KKarmichael. They are the same. They are all manufactured by a company in China and then distrubited to companys that get their logo on them. That is why the prices are very close. Mine is the same as both of yours. The trick is finding the lowest price one company will take. It still ships from China.....

I am pleased with mine. It functions perfect just like the Atlas for hundreds more....Since I don't depend on it for tactical use in a conflict, it is perfect for my hunting purpose....

The original Picatinny rail that comes with the Kral is plastic and held by one brass insert. I and others found this to be weak and clumsy. It would move after the bipod was attached. I bought the Magpul aluminum rail from Amazon that I linked to above. I just used a 3/8" drill and widened the front hole in the Magpul rail just far enough down, to allow the use of the original bolt and brass insert. Then I removed the gun from the stock and drilled the appropriate size hole for the Magpul bolt and nut that came with the rail. Simple and super strong. No more movement now and solid as a rock. Just don't drill that front hole too far down as to thin or break through the rail. 
Waiting for my order of blueing paste to arrive and then I will blue the front bolt to match...

Well Guys, I just became another victim of valve failure in my Kral! NOT a happy camper! There's been several such failures reported on the GTA and I'll be adding mine to the list. I knew what happened as soon as I pulled the trigger. The gun made kind of a "clack" sound and didn't fire the pellet, the same sound others have reported. I got the unfired pellet out of the bore and she won't allow the lever to return now.
My next step will be to get hold of Troy. I don't care to screw around with Air Venturi and wait 'til hell freezes over to get another POS OEM valve from Kral. My advice to anyone considering a Kral--unless you plan to get the rifle gone over by a professional air gunsmith STAY AWAY!!!
GGRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Ed

Damn Ed, what is the failure others are saying is happening? The vale rod breaking? 

I have over two tins through mine so far and that had not become and issue....Yet! 

guess it true what they say, you get what you pay for. Except here you could get a good Savage powder burner for the price. 

just keeping my fingers crossed on mine as the power is cranked up over the 32 FPE it came at to around 48 FPE....! 

It's strange for me that so many rifles are having this problem with the valves, I have 2 Krals PB for about a year now and have shot over 3000 pellets on both without a problem yet.
I also see that the lever is giving some of you guys a problem too, do you guys think that could be a bad batch of the guns? I know a few guys down here in SA that have the same guns and also didn't have any problems with it.
About the Atlas clone bipod, Ebay also sells them, 1 vendor is selling it at $28.92 + $1.99 shipping to South Africa and the other at $41.66 + free shipping and both are exactly the same. Amazon does not ship this item to SA.

"strikefast"Damn Ed, what is the failure others are saying is happening? The vale rod breaking? 

I have over two tins through mine so far and that had not become and issue....Yet! 

guess it true what they say, you get what you pay for. Except here you could get a good Savage powder burner for the price. 

just keeping my fingers crossed on mine as the power is cranked up over the 32 FPE it came at to around 48 FPE....! 

Yeah Paul, valve stem failure. Mine snapped in two knida like my pos lever did. As you know, mine is just stock--32fpe. I've been in touch with Troy and he should be able to take care of me next week. Wonder what's gonna break next, a sear???
Hope your luck continues to hold out!
Ed
Btw, just FYI--I guesstimate mine had around 2500 pellets through it.

Cheesh! hope they did not use the same crap metal on the valve stem! I assume it is stainless steel it it would bend not break. At least any valve stem I have worked with is SS. 

Sorry you have had little time with the gun. I do like the ergonomics of it. I have been out all last week, popping baby potatoes in the off hand position. Keeping my fingers crossed......