MY NEW KRAL BREAKER SILENT BULL PUP...HONEST REVIEW!

"strikefast"Cool Ed, but I was thinking along the lines of a 1" nicely marbled, ribeye steak! Cooked from after letting it get to room temperature. Marinated overnight in Lea and Perrin's Worcestershire sauce. With garlic, salt and pepper...

Thrown on a fire hot grill to braise and then switched to a 450 degree grill to cook to a nice medium rare. Then served smother in grilled onions..... That's my idea instead of marshmallows....Lol
(Damn, I just drooled on my shirt)

Oh and can I assume you will show you prowess with the beach ball, by throwing you rifle like a spear to make it a challange ? HA!

Thanks for making me hungrier 'n hell while I'm trying to lose some blubber! I can smell that steak now.......ggrrrrrrr!
I'll just duct tape a bayonet to the muzzle for the beach ball challenge! LMAO

Ed

"Rod"If ya'll want BBQ, I just did a pig roast over the weekend.

http://morningstarcc.org/images/News/rod_kral_3.jpg

Can't seem to post pics. Hope the links work.

Rod

Thats cheating this is the right way to cook a pig
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w73/willie14228/20161030_133107_zpslzc2scmg.jpg~original

By the way about that central location I may have the perfect spot for a shootout as long as it not during hunting season.... can't let you guys scare all my potential steaks away
I will have to double check with the land owner but not long ago I mentioned using the place for something very similar and he did not have an issue with it all even offered to let me use his tractor to cut out some shooting lanes. It would be perfect for some field target competition and even some Long distance shooting. And for those like me who likes to make a little more noise with airguns there is an area that would be safe for the larger calibers. I would Love to have you guys come down
And that pig you see on the spit came from some of the same land :) 

Okay so I mentioned tempering the sear yourself but i thought a little about it and thought I should make a little disclaimer
If you have not ever tried to temper metal be sure to do some serious you tubing its not hard but its also not hard to screw up, even when you actually did everything right I have had some of my turning tools break in the process, and hearing that infimus TING when you dip a $$$$ Bowl gouge will make your stomach turn sour, so doing so on a hard to find part would make it worse yet.

I was planning on taking my Kral Mega apart this weekend anyway so I will get some pics and put the calipers on it to see how it compares with your guys other models. I am going to wager that all the kral trigger sears are the same but I could be wrong. I have a freind that owns a cnc shop here in town and might be able to get him to cut me a sear out of some ha

I live in L.A. County. It's an asphalt jungle. No good place to put a fire pit. So the smoker has to do. Thouse were 40lb pigs and we smoked em in 6 hours. Meet just pulls off the pig.

i waited to long to use my chrony, not enough sun. But I had time to get my stock to stop moving by adding some scope mounting tape and a little sanding. I shot some more of the JSBs and at 20 yards it's starting to settle down. I still haven't sorted pellets for weight and head size. But I put a few on the scale and in the gage and the jsb in .25 are not all that consistent. More to do, but I think I'm on the rite track

Most of the internals on the kral are the same design on the Puncher series, besides the trigger rods on the bullpup in comparison with the Mega, S, Pro and so on, for my "little knowledge", sear, transfer port, power adjust etc. are equal, changes in barrel length, air tube capacity, trigger distance from the breech block ie: bullpup or sporter style. they Might have a bit of change/difference on the design on a "newer" models that is coming out this year as shown on the air gun shows.

"rwsmike"Forget the junk kral and buy a gamo urban for under $300....grea t gun for the dough

I would've picked up an Urban or a Coyote until I checked what extra magazines cost. I would want at least two spares for any repeater PCP. That'd add $100 to the cost of either rifle for me. If I'd bought the Coyote in .25 it would add $160, that is if you can find 'em. $50 or $80 for a mag? No thank you Gamo. I paid about $12 each for both my .25 Mrod & .22 AT44 magazines. Even the newly available (here) Kral mags are $20, which is also overpriced but a lot more bearable than the Gamo/BSA. And btw, I don't consider the Kral junk.
JMHO
Ed

Too late. I like the Kral, and I know it will be a great shooter once kinks are worked out. My groups at 20 last night were between 5/8" and 1" and I've still got some work to do. But the thing I like most about it is I'm seeing a consistent shot string across 50 shots now. And as bullpups go, I like it's aesthetics, especially the wood stock.

I thought about that one. But you have to fill it to 3,300 (232 bar) and you don't get the shot count, and it's not a bullpup. I'd say, if you wanted a good entry level pcp in .22 on the cheep, ask a good gun smith to tune a Benjamin Disco for you. Lot's to like. 2000 psi fill so a cheep scuba tank works, or easy to pump. 20 good shots, modifiable and accurate to boot.

But if you want a entry level bullpup... the kral is the way to go.

Presently the urban is not available in .25... The overall length is 42" making it not a bull pup like the 29" overall of the Kral Breaker Silent which this review was about.

Also the accuracy and efficiency of the Urban don't compare.

And lastly guys, we all saw what happened the last time someone started to take the thread into a comparison of bull pups...

I appreciate the thoughts on the urban and agree it is less money... But the thread is on the Kral... Not trying to compare other rifles to it. Just trying to stay on topic...... Respectfully...

Ed, that was what prompted my posting a review. I thought that a $500 pup that was accurate and efficient deserved to get some notice by others, in spite of a few kinks. Most were minor mechanical foopa's and not significant enough to avoid the gun.

Today I need to put a new Pete Mateos rail on the Steyr and a scope on the HW97 I just got back. Also filling target orders.... Damn, I thought I was retired! Lol

Strikefast, no it's not clipping. I think I made those marks with a cleaning rod. I took the cap off, shot 20 and things seemed to be better. So I took a black sharpie and marked it up, then put it back on hoping I would find where it was hitting. No new marks. And my groups still looked the same. So I started thinking and I probably hit it with my first pass of my cleaning rod. was going back to front, but I hadn't taken off the cap.

All I've really done is work on getting the action to fit correctly in the stock, and clean the barrel. And I've put around 600 pellets thrrough it, and I'm wondering if it isn't starting to settle down just from breaking in.

I still need to raise the scope, I'm sure a lot of my accuracy issues are my fault. That's why I've moved up to 20 yards. If I can't get it to 1/4 " at 20 then the rest doesn't matter.

Best group yet at 20 yards.

http://www.morningstarcc.org/Images/news/Rod_Kral_20yrd2.jpg

Next I'm going to crown the barrel and make sure it's mounted correctly and that the scope mount is properly aligned.

Take a look at the pictures below. I can see it touching the barrel in the front. Also, I'd like to drill out the front so there is more clearance for the barrel.

Look how much clearance there is in the rear

http://www.morningstarcc.org/images/news/Rod_Kral_RearRt.jpg

http://www.morningstarcc.org/images/news/Rod_Kral_RearLeft.jpg

And how tight things are in the front.

http://www.morningstarcc.org/images/news/Rod_Kral_FrontLeft.jpg

http://www.morningstarcc.org/images/news/​Rod_Kral_FrontRt.jpg

About 1/2" at 20?

Is yours a .25 cal?

Mine right out if the box was 1 hole at 20.... I was also getting 3 out of 5 in one fairly clean hole at 30. I took the gun to my friend, and he did the exact same grouping. It was a 15 mph day, so I believe barring human failings, it would put the 5 in one ragged hole at 30. I opened up at 50 but I could see the wind taking the pellet to the side... Not Fair...Lol

Your barrel looks tight at the front and if it is touching the frame, it will give you fits.... Harmonics do come into play when you have metal on metal. Opening up that frame would be a good idea. Mine was not that close if I remember right.

Generally, if the barrel is touching, you would expierence the POI walking around the point of aim.

I always do my grouping test at 30 yards. This is where I zero my .177 rifles and 27 yards fir the pistols.

I intended to zero the .25 out farther, but gave the gun to Will before I got to do it.

Your 20 yard group is not terrible. Are you using a bag or mec rest

Hope you get it sorted out.

Yep. Mine is a .25. That's 10 shots. Other groups opened up to 1" at 20. I always shoot a full mag. I'm on a bag on a table. I have 30 yards in my backyard. With the same setup I'm getting 1/8 to 1/4 groups with the Disco, but I only group 5 shots. Still, it could be me. I use the same setup with my friends Marauder here at work. We can stretch out to 80 yards. I can get 8 shot groups at 1/2 inch at 50 yards with his .25 M-Rod.

Was that the AA pellets? And did it take a few pellets to start settling in? Or did it group strait away? Do you sort your pellets? Or did you just shoot them out of the tin?

The barrel touching just seems like bad Q.C. I'm thinking I can just loosen the screws under the air tank where the scope mount is attached, and try to tap it over a bit with a soft mallet, to get proper clearance on the barrel. I'm still waiting on my pellet order. I had a bunch on .22 but I only have JSB's in .25 So for now I'll sort the JSB's I have and put it on the chrony.

I ain't givin up. I'm just getting started. I'm convinced this thing is a shooter. 50 shoots at 50 yards all inside 1" on one fill. That's my goal. I still have two weeks to figure it out before we go Turkey Hunting. If I have to borrow the Marauder to go, I'll never hear the end of it.

Not that bad especially for 10 shots. I shot the AA 25.4s right out of the tin. I only wash, inspect, size and lube my .177 AAs for competitions.

I tried several weights but stayed with JSB and AA. I find they are the most consistent and accurate in most guns I own or had.
You removed the barrel as I did... Just make sure you got it back on tight to the receiver and back in position. If it is turned a bit you might take it out of it's index if the company does that with the barrels before milling. ...