MY NEW KRAL BREAKER SILENT BULL PUP...HONEST REVIEW!

Bucjusn....Ditto on the humane kill.

Also I believe Robert Lane is making a Kral regulator. I found my .25 to be insane with the efficiency. As well as others who have them. I got an ES of 8 and a SD of 2 from mine...

I don't really care for the adjustable port. It is too uncertain. As it moves without any dentent. You just look at a series of tick marks on the side. Not like the FX where it fits into a fixed dentent. Hi M L.... The Kral is like low, a little higher, a little higher, a little more....etc. To much variable for me.

If just for hunting, the need for a reg see s wasted. Go back to the beginning of this post to see what I got in shots and power when I first got the gun. It impressed me. In .25 at 35 FPE and the accuracy is more than enough for pest hunting up to Raccoon and even coyote at shorter distance. At least with head shots.

I personally would not shoot racoons or coyotes in the body with a pellet rifle. A big bore with purposed hunting slugs is fine. But leave pellets to small game fir human kills for me.

Sorry I haven't been back since I received my Marine .25. LONG story short. I managed to mess up the threads for the grub screw on the shroud. Had to tap new threads then couldn't find the grub I needed locally so had to order some from ebay. Anyhoo. that problem's taken care of now & I'm VERY happy with the rifle. I'm getting right at 32+ ft. #s shooting JSB Kings @ an average 760fps over 40 shots. I can actually get 50+ good shots but the poi will begin to drop around the 43/44 shot. I shot it 60 times on one fill but the last 5/6 shots really were dropping. I'm not gonna mess with the power, LOVE having so many shots on one fill and they are VERY consistent shots as well. Shoots like she's regulated! ES over 40 shots was 12 & that's with shot #10 dropping to 735 for some strange reason. SD was 4. I did shorten the trigger's 1st stage a bit and shortened the 2nd a bit more. Nice clean break without any creep and it's SAFE.
One thing I learned is when cocking-- don't have the muzzle pointed up! Doing so can allow a pellet to manage to escape the mag causing a jam. This happened a couple of times before I figured it out. Fortunately I got the mag out without any damage both times. Also. this is my 1st bullpup and I love it except I was wishing the length of pull was just a little longer. I ordered an inexpensive slip on Allen butt pad from Amazon & that really took care of that. Fits great and makes the rifle fit me so much better, adds a good inch to the length and looks good on it.
Thought I was way overdue getting back here to thank Strikefast for helping me out with answers to my questions and especially the pics he posted. I'm sure I would have had the "she won't cock" problem after putting the stock back in if he hadn't mentioned that hole in the back of the stock & the proper angle to put the action back in! Thank you sir!
Happy shooting my friends-
Ed

Wow, Ed....Glad it is doing so well. I did forget about the pellet slipping back into the cocked breech when pointed up. It happened to me too for several until I figured it out.

Down in Baton Rouge ready to shoot the Cajun Classic tomorrow. Due to bad storms for Sunday we are shooting the two days of competition on Sat. Will be a long day so heading to sleep. I will get back on here Monday.

Strikefast (Paul?)-- Hope the weather clears for you. Good shooting to you! "This is my rifle. There are others like it but this one is mine.........."

Mag13-I never took the trigger apart. Maybe I got lucky but mine is smooth and breaks cleanly. After minor adjustment I have a very short 1st stage, you hit the 2nd and more pressure fires the rifle. No grittiness or mushy feeling at all. It's safe as well, did lots of butt bumping to make sure. It's as good or better than the Charlie triggers in my breakbarrels, the MRod & Hatsan AT44 Quattro. Not gonna mess it up. LOL

I failed to mention she's accurate as well. 1" groups @ 45-50 yards with a flyer now and then that's MY fault. They'd be tighter but I'm a shaky old fart!

Ed

Thanks for the input on the trigger Ed, thats not bad at all the way you describe it. I like a definite light, not too short first stage to come to a defined stop for the second stage.
"I failed to mention she’s accurate as well. 1″ groups @ 45-50 yards with a flyer now and then that’s MY fault. They’d be tighter but I’m a shaky old fart!"
LOL...come on now that's pretty darned good for a SOF😜

Shot a string over the Chrony today, JSB 25.39gr pellets.

Started at 185-190 bar (The Kral gauge isn't very precise) and ended around 95-100.
  1. 872.3
  2. 877.8
  3. 878.1
  4. 880.9
  5. 884.4
  6. 884.8
  7. 887.5
  8. 890.4
  9. 899.4
  10. 897.1
  11. 878.2
  12. 896.7
  13. 887.7
  14. 895.7
  15. 900.0
  16. 897.1
  17. 900.5
  18. 903.5
  19. 906.1
  20. 902.6
  21. 909.9
  22. 895.6
  23. 895.2
  24. 911.3
  25. 906.5
  26. 903.8
  27. 907.4
  28. 906.1
  29. 905.5
  30. 897.2
  31. 895.2
  32. 896.3
  33. 889.1
  34. 886.8
  35. 881.7
  36. 879.4
  37. 869.9
  38. 865.8
  39. 857.2
  40. 854.6
  41. 850.7
  42. 842.0
  43. 836.4
  44. 828.3
  45. 816.9
    [/LIST=1]
    I saw the tightest groups around 880 fps, which were about 3/4" at 50 yards in the Lead Sled. It's almost as accurate as my Crosman 2400... My barrel has massive machining marks in the rifling along with dark spots and shallow rifling down the entire right side of the bore. Polishing it helped out a little, but putting lipstick on a pig....
    Time for a new barrel and regulator.

Ed, just finished up the Cajun's this afternoon. Unfortunately this year was not my match to place. However my shooting partner that came with me last year git third in our class.

I had a bad start in the morning match, but a better match in the afternoon. It was too little to late. Like 7th place. It was all me and not my equipment....
But our club came home with 2nd and third place in open class rifle And another trophy in pistol.

Need to prepare for the next one in May. Glad to see the results of testing the Kral..... I knew it was not a bad gun for the money....

Strikefast, SilentMatt, Old Corps, and Mag13 thanks for all of the updates. I have been reading up and researching on all of the bull-pup PCPs available sub $1k and you have put out some of the best consumer information I have seen regarding this rifle. It is great to read feedback from end-users who only have an interest in publishing what they are experiencing without any secondary motives (selling said rifles, rifle kits, or parts). It is great to have a counter-point to the vendor reviews, for comparison.

With respect to how tunable this platform is, would you say that this one is pretty "user friendly?" If we were talking powder-based systems, I am in my comfort zone. I don't want to presume that air rifle tuning is identical. If you held my morning coffee hostage, and I had the funds ready to drop, I am waffling (like a politician) between the Kral, Hatsan Gladius, and The Priest, all in .25 cal. (The Priest is an outlier, and least likely due to cost, and what appears to be a very small user base of knowledge/first gen.).

Anyway, to stay on-topic with Kral, I would say it is in the lead, since out of the box, it appears to be performing quite well, can be improved with what appears to be mild tuning, all for a reasonable price. (At least from a relative newbie perspective.)

SilentMatt, I would be very interested to find out the results you get if you end up putting a moderator on this rifle.

Thank you all again for the great information and may all of your pellets always strike home!

Matt, that really sucks what is going on with your barrel. Do you know if it happens to be a factory issue? Man, the first thing I look at on all my rifles whether air or powder is the rifling. I don't have a borescope but a thorough look down the tube with bright white lighting will tell the story. Anyhow, your numbers are pretty respectable, & yes, I would rebarrel the beast😡
Buckyusn, I am pretty much in your camp on PCP's but well versed in smokeless steel to include reloading and gunsmithing minus mill & lathe, but we can figure this out no probs. I am pretty thorough with my Diana springer & accurate enough out to 45-50yds.