• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My new gauntlet arrived last night! First impressions.

Aloha all,
I receved my umarex gauntlet .22 last night shortly after returning home from work. I ordered it from Pyramyd Air on the 8th and and I received it on the 14th.

my first impressions after pulling it from the box where wow this is heavy, I shoot Springer's normally ( this is my first foray into the dark side) and I shoot a Benjamin np2 in 22 with a utg 4 to 16 by 40 scope so I'm used to a pretty heavy rifle, and actualy prefer it that way.

the balance is nice and proportionate although im not sure how I feel about the shape of the fore end in the hand, and espeshly the sling stud placement beeing at the point of (MY) balance.
I shot it last night in the pounding rain at about 9 at night for the first few 30 shots so it's going to take a little getting used to handling wise- jury still out.

Accuracy wise I got no idea yet, i was hitting low on a cardbord box set in my trap and I shot my plexiglass glass ricochet shield 3 times wondering what it was what i was hitting in my trap that made that funny sound 😉 while i was uncovered, sitting in a cold driving rain with a smile so big I probly looked like a crazy person

The bark when you shoot it is very gentle. Quieter for the shooter at the ear than my np2 .One thing I did notice is the Shroud for the barrel seems a little noodlely.
Im thinking I should have orderd myself a hard case while I was doing my ordering.
Along with my Gauntlet I purchased an aeon 10 by 40 by 56 mm scope I believe it's called the trajectory reticle it's a Christmas tree type.
To mount my scope, I bought a set of sports match adjustable high scope rings. They fit nicely, with enough room for up to at least a 60mm objective bell with out adjustment.
Along with my set up I purchased a hill Mark4 hand pump. Now, being new to PCP and a hand pump in general I found it really easy to use and I had it set up within 5 minutes of getting it. That being said scuba diving is really common where I live so I see a set of cheap Steel tanks in my future.

The regulator out of the box was unscrewed a quarter-turn when I received my gauntlet. After all the wonderful info I've received here I knew to expect that so it was a non-issue. Just realized if you get one you probably will have a loose regulator as well. All that I did was hand tighten the bottle and the reg turned with it, when it was firm I just backed the bottle off( after loosening the 2 Allen bolts ) to rotate it into position so I can read the gauge. when I get off work this evening I'm going to go home and set up the lights so I can do some shooting tonight. These are my these are my first impressions of the Umarex Gauntlet in 22
pili

Auurite! Great initial thoughts! Yep, sitting out shooting in the rain with a smile....I think you are definitely a worthy candidate/victim of the dark side! It is a lot of fun. :)
Regarding the shroud, of course make sure it is screwed in all the way, and I did read one person found the grub screw for the barrel to receiver was a little loose...need to unscrew and remove the shroud to check.
Let us see some groups if can! Glad u got it!

Heavy huh? Cant argue and just so you know many pre-charged rigs are lighter if needed but as long as I can lift one I too like a heavy steady rifle.

They come w/out the bottle installed ( my was purchased used ) ? 
On the loosening of the bonnet, I wouldnt. They was no way to pin valve would open when the fill/gauge was oriented correctly? On my QB I am NOT bottomed out but it works fine - about 1/4 turn out-.

On turning that bonnet you HAVE adjusted psi , unless there is a design change and I dont think so at all. And I would think your psi went down?
Ninja sells shims for orienting their bottles. I do not know if that would be a fix or not but if so would like to see PA or umarex sell the or install them as needed.

It may feel odd to you but if you try that odd stock in the seated FT position it feels very nice and is a very stable hunting position.

I moved around the little 2 part ( halfs, dont take it apart ) baffle section so it now sits closest to the breech and the spring is in front, changed the sound to me ears, who knows.

Get some 2mm (I think there 2mm ) jam nuts then adjust that trigger shoot a tin or two and give us a follow up. Kid.

John

Wow, this thing has potential!
already have had to pump it 2 times, im on my third right now. 
I think im going to have to lock the magazine away tho, as it is way to easy to dump them one after the next, oh lord what did i get myself into this time!!
I got tightend up on paper at 18y
trying the jsb 18.13 and of course at that distance Its 1 tiny hole, them moved back to 40 to hit the field targets and ring the spinners.

WOW. Just wow, now im really screwed -im going to be pushing around a shopping cart full of p.c.p.s, tanks , and filling gear and living in a card board box on the beach cuz I spend all my coin on my hobby.
( Huh that actualy dont sound to bad) 
Pili