• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My FX Impact... a rare one!?

It’s my FX Impact a rare one or there are others like mine. Let me explain, I bought this Impact on 2016 from AOA, one of the first ones to hit US soil, since day one I really enjoy the gun, very accurate and specially no leaks at least for the first few months, cmon is a $2000 brand new gun right! I have disassembled the gun a few times including the installation of the new power plenum and other mods that required pulling it apart, I’ve played with her many times to test diferente calibers and diferente speeds, after all this time and haven’t had any problems at all, not one!

no a single leaks in almost 5 years! Isn’t that interesting, I know there are some FX guns out there with leaking problems right out the box, but this is loco! I wonder if FX used different o-ring materials on mine but this thing has been solid since I got it. Anyone out there with the same experience with their FX a Impact?

F233F447-9F5D-4308-B35E-ACE5A8E636EE.1606258170.jpeg
E13FF48D-660C-4606-A17E-7EFED694270E.1606258172.jpeg
38473CCC-6F5C-4EE5-8F05-E5D98292503A.1606258173.jpeg
C3853049-BF63-43A8-B96A-4B4F952E2905.1606258175.jpeg

Renz

I got one of the very first ones to hit US soil years back like you and that one was rock solid too. I sold it because I got bored then replaced it with several others that all seemed to have reg creep. That caused me to boycott the Impact for a couple of years then I got back into them this summer and the two MkII with PP that I got have been stellar so far.

I haven’t really had any issues other than with the magazines. One leak , that I caused installing a PP . Was an easy fix . But the plastic FX manufactured side shot magazines just suck . For the amount of money they charge for these, I would expect much better tolerances. Had I know before hand , I would have just bought some of their originals 

Go to the redwood forest and knock really hard on that tree!! Lol. A buddy had one of the first gens and was in the shop more than the field. He sold it went with a different fx had some ish sold it. Along comes the mk11 so he bites and it has been in the shop quiet a bit with the common problems of leaking things internally breaking etc. Needless to say he twernt happy spending over 2k and in the first 3 days had to send it off for repair.

After almost 5 years i wouldn’t mine to get a leak, not like I want to :) I know that every pcp I own would develop a leak no matter what, that’s the norm but what is not the norm is having a leak in the first week you received your spanking brand new gun.

I don’t have anything against FX for the contrary I think they are a great company that always bringing something new and always thinking out the box but they need to pay attention to their QC department, nobody wants to be fixing a high $$$ brand new gun.

Renz

Nope, sorry it’s not rare at all! Are they all perfect? Nope, but take out all the “well It was probably my fault”s and they are truly on another level! One thing I think about a lot, when trying to imagine how many shots I put through them? Is do impacts get shot more than the average Airgun?
So adjustable, so many mods, fine tuning, 26-28 round mags, high shot count and caliber changing? Bring in slugs and it gets twice as bad! I sure burn through a tin or two just tweaking, Pellet hogs! That’s what they are, very fine, powerful, accurate pellet hogs!🤔

I agree it's not a rare thing to not have problems with the FX guns. Out of the many thousands, likely tens of thousands, of these sold we see only a few on the forums. I have over 10K shots through mine and the only leak I have had was from one the gauges werqing loose. I tightened it an eighth of a turn to fix the leak. Only problems I have had that was not from my tinkering was a small flat spot in the reg rod. It came that way from the factory. I would change the reg pressure thus POI every 500-700 rounds first up and the next time down. Took me awhile to figure it out. I had to tear the reg apart to find the problem. Just put in a Huma cuz FX left me high and dry for a couple of months after I contacted them. After a while they figured it out on their own, kudos to them for that, and got things taken care of.

I have only replaced one o-ring that needed it and I expect it was my fault for tearing the thing apart so many times I probly damaged it. I did upgrade to some 90duro o-rings in a few places though but not because they leaked just cuz I was there.

FX is a great company always updating and giving us better more reliable and safe guns. 

Anyone know how many Impacts are actually out there these days?