• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My Christmas gift to you lot...

Is a nice hunting/pesting story.

In the spirit of giving, I gave these two nutters each a pellet for Christmas:
6d75977288d85fc6caaecc026dec5ad2.jpg

The first one was making his way across the yard in Forage Mode. He wasn't stopping long enough for me to get a bead on him. I gave a squeak and he stopped just long enough to take a round. He was quartering toward me, so I lined up on his shoulder, figuring it would go back and get his lungs. It hit a BIT forward of my intended POI, but did the job well. POK!

and he face-planted, giving a little kick or twitch every few seconds for a minute or so. It entered next to the right jaw and got the artery. I could see the blood pouring out. It exited just behind the left shoulder. I think it got the top of a lung as well. 25 yards or so.
9f99bc28e772e9009032490053ee421b.jpg

59cabe688d6971e8d972fcc363dcc125.jpg

The second one, I spotted digging in the wife's flower pot. I got out there, and he started to make himself scarce. Again, not staying still for long. I have him a squeak, which just spooked him back to the tree and part-way up it. He paused in a crotch the keep an eye on me. From another angle, I'd have no shot. But from this angle, a big branch would catch their pellet after it passed through his worry melon.

I lined up on his ear and sent the lead: POP! He crumpled off of the tree, gave a few kicks, and that was it for this well endowed male.

d7a4200ff61ff54f8c56fb910fa4d22a.jpg

8367389579d09782757ab48805ecc1f4.jpg
50ecca447f9c8852203f7b49de653d54.jpg

I made a retrieval video; I'll upload and share that in a bit.

That's 2 less vermin that could chew a hole in someone's roof or get into their attic! Nice job blasting these suckers!

In my area, I've shot about 30-40+ out of my backyard this year (lost count exactly). Factoring in their breeding rates, that would've easily been well over 100 of the bastards if I'd have just let them move in, set up shop, and take over. I'm keeping track of how many I get with the new Gamo .22 I bought this June, so far that's 4 squirrels. with that one.

It seems like I've completely eliminated the local population of squirrels in my neighborhood, (for now) except for ONE.

He's a crafty, slippery, sneaky, elusive bugger in full ghost recon mode.

I've only seen him once, and heard him once in a neighbors tree, in late October. By which time I'd blasted all his vermin satan spawn comrades straight to hell!

:D

He saw me looking through the window at my feeder one morning, and I was as shocked at his presence as he was of mine! I thought I'd extinctified them all? Nope.

But somehow he just knew I mean business, and took off at a high rate of speed out of my yard, before I could grab a pellet gun.

Haven't seen him since then, but I'm sure he's lurking somewhere, plotting and scheming like they all do, waiting to make his next move. And raid the feeder! Hopefully I'll catch him.

Next spring I anticipate a fresh insurgency of 30-50+. Plan to build up my pellet gun and ammo arsenal before then, and also buy my first PCP. Maybe the Gamo urban .22.

The battle may be won, but the war goes on...