• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My Air Arms S510 has a leak.

So I finally got time to check for an air leak. Put some soapy water on the 2 joints on each side of the valve. Didn't see any leaks. Can't really get to the top side where the bolt housing sits. Tried to do soapy water around the air gauge, didn't see any leak. But not sure how effective that was. Kind of hard to get it in there. I did put a wrench on it and it seems tight. When I started to fill it air would just flow out the barrel. I cocked it then it would hold air. Is this normal?

Poppet leaking when not cocked, the Hammer spring is pushing on the poppet, cocking it relieves the pressure of the hammer spring. Normal? but it happens. Just to make sure it's not the fill port valve, put some Silicone oil in the Hose on your filler device, about 5 drops should be good and fill the gun with air, blowing the oil into the gun and valve, then see if that solves the leak problem, sometimes O-rings get dry and need lubrication.