• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

My $0.02 on MOA claims without pictures.

If Ted Bier is not faking it, I am very impressed by his 10 shot groups. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_or7jnakYiE&t=136s

I bought the same pellet measuring contraption he uses. He discussed it on one of his videos if it's still posted. Thats how he won EBR. The device maker shared this little secret so I bought one. Either that was an old tin when JSBs were still the best and consistent or sorted with the contraption.

It might be easier to achieve with a .30 cal? Heavier pellets bucking the wind better? But I would guess only a few of us shoot like Ted, or Matt for that matter.

Stoti mentioned a very good point. I’ve certainly bought guns due to the touted accuracy claims and was disappointed. It got me a couple times before I learned. I take most you tube videos to be nothing more then a commercial now, since that’s exactly what it is half the time. I also learned what to expect from a given platform. So I now have a general framework to base my purchases on. Logically, the poor shooting guns or the poor shot groups will be less frequent online then the good ones. Maybe some of us could start posting some negative reviews :/

I tell it like it is with every gun I buy or when people ask about a certain gun. I won’t bash a gun that I don’t own but I got accused of product bashing. When I research a gun, I want the truth, good or bad. When it comes to a guns potential accuracy, I look for trends. It takes longer and may delay a purchase longer than most impulse buyers may like but the cream generally rises to the top. In this airgun community we need to be honest, some guys are scraping every last penny to buy a gun. If you’re not getting paid to gloss over the bad and only show the good, don’t. 

2manyAirGunz mentioned having the feel for authentic groups. Most of us know what you’re talking about and feel the same. For example, jdanvers, Taipan group above is an authentic 100yrd group. We will all see this far more often than a tiny little cluster with one flier. 

To go in the opposite direction I think the shooter may often be the reason a gun can’t group. I have never been much of a golfer. Telling people that breaking 90 is a good day for me is a little soul crushing. In fact typing that last sentence made me feel ill. I’m making no comment of rounds above 100. I’m a good non professional shooter mainly with firearms. No matter how small the group (5 or more shots) certainly I must be a factor to the detriment barring statistical anomalies. Airguns magnify my errors far more than firearms. I’ve use what has been historically good form for me and it seems to work. Then maybe I change my grip, or cheek contact, or shoulder pressure then everything changes-dramatically! Two nearly identical guns (weight, power, configuration) require different hold/technique. Just like golf, you change your grip and see what happens. You may have only one gun that doesn’t like the way you hold it but since the other 15 guns you have do, it must be a dud. 

I'm not even going to the next page because I already know what's up. 

It's obvious some posters/posers are bold faced liers. 

Others cherry pick. I mean who hasn't shot incredible groups, that's cool but don't say you do this like it's a casual thing. 

At this point it's mostly entertaining. I'll keep laughing and applauding. 

For the most part I know who here on AGN is the real deal, some of the best I've seen first hand what they and their guns can do. 

What I don't understand is why anyone would feel like they had to lie about their groups size? If I shot an awesome group and posted about it (pictures or not) it's just to get some "Atta boys". I certainly wouldn't want to come on here and tell ya I did something that I didn't just for some false praise. Doesn't make sense to me so I would tend to give the person claiming it the benefit of the doubt. It certainly is a good motivator to get out there and shoot more to see if I can improve.

Because showing poor groups doesn't get you free poop that's why! Lol You want honesty, well there you have it. A few will read this and know exactly what I'm talking about.

Are you saying you dont get any perks with all your videos? BTW I enjoy them.

What I don't understand is why anyone would feel like they had to lie about their groups size? If I shot an awesome group and posted about it (pictures or not) it's just to get some "Atta boys". I certainly wouldn't want to come on here and tell ya I did something that I didn't just for some false praise. Doesn't make sense to me so I would tend to give the person claiming it the benefit of the doubt. It certainly is a good motivator to get out there and shoot more to see if I can improve.

Because showing poor groups doesn't get you free poop that's why! Lol You want honesty, well there you have it. A few will read this and know exactly what I'm talking about.

Are you saying you dont get any perks with all your videos? BTW I enjoy them.

I charge for some of my videos as they take time to produce. My opinions are however not for sale. Personally from my experience most manufacturers want to hear what can be improved..I think it's a fear for a reviewer to piss them off or something. Nothing wrong with being critical, can do it in a polite way. Thanks, it's been a long road with many mistakes made but I love what I do.