• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Muzzle Breaks on a PCP Air Rifle?

In this case I do believe the "stripper" may well work on the rear air blast at least as much or more than just ( just, ya buddy ) the harmonic change from installing any ole thing.
The air blast on a light pellet .177 at 19.9 can often effect groups if left untamed and while the bigbore certainly use a heavier pellet ( pellet, ya buddy) it also does BLAST out a touch of excess air. 
And honest;ly, if you can stand the look of those riflkes at all it is a nice looking add on. Also the fact the must be select drilled ( inner dia,. at the factory) means you'll either order as TIGHT as possable and be ready to bore it out a fraction at a time, and after testing stop in just the right spot or you'll need you metal replacement tool?
Nice unit.

John

From personal experience I can tell you that even on a PCP it most definitely helps with accuracy. I own a Roedale muzzle brake that redirects the gasses back- and sideways, and upwards. Bought this thing for one of my powderburners, but installed it on one of my PCP's too. 

Big advantages: it helps reducing the muzzle flip (as you can see in this movie) and the recoil (up to 50%) by redirecting gasses and adding weight to the end of the barrel, thus improving accuracy. Especially with air rifles the added weight is a bonus, because the recoil is felt before the projectile leaves the barrel. 
Downside: since the noice is redirected sideways and backwards, it increases the noise level quite a lot, so hearing protection becomes a necessity.

With pellets it becomes even more noticeable, because of the aerodynamics of the pellet. It's all a matter of physics. ;)