• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airforce multishots AF when ?

As long as people keep buying them there is no incentive for a company to invest more time and money into a product.
I can appreciate the single-shot simplicity, but there's no reason they couldn't introduce a new model. I see that they have no desire to innovate these days.

I can appreciate the single-shot simplicity, but there's no reason they couldn't introduce a new model. I see that they have no desire to innovate these days.
Seems that a lot of the more established airgun companies are happy to sit on their laurels and milk the designs (with minor tweaks and new names) they have had for decades. 🤔

Then you have the innovative companies on the technical leading edge that get ragged for releasing new designs too often. 🙄

And, of course, there's the copycats that are trying to make a quick buck selling cheap knock-offs. 🤨

All in all we have more choices (and BS to sort through) than we ever had. 😃

Cheers!

You are absolutely right, there’s no reason they couldn’t. But they won’t as long as the original proven design is still paying the bills for them. Contrary to what we as customers would like to believe, these companies are not in business to provide us with what we want. They are in business to make us want what they are selling. Opening the purse strings for new designs, new tooling and new production processes is a gamble as far as they are concerned and would likely take a while to pay for itself. That’s why they run these things into the ground before changes are made.
Airforce Airguns bought RAW and that is supposed to be their offering as far as a repeater goes.
Look at Crosman for another example of stale products. How many iterations of the same design can they possibly come up with?
The answer is: All of them.

Last edited:
You are absolutely right, there’s no reason they couldn’t. But they won’t as long as the original proven design is still paying the bills for them. Contrary to what we as customers would like to believe, these companies are not in business to provide us with what we want. They are in business to make us want what they are selling.
Airforce Airguns bought RAW and that is supposed to be their offering as far as a repeater goes.
Look at Crosman for another example of stale products. How many iterations of the same design can they possibly come up with?
The answer is: All of them.
True, but the issue comes when another company developes a better pattented gun and all their customers flock to it. Innovation breeds growth, without and the company will eventually be swept under the rug and out of business.

It would be nice to see them work on some of the known platform issues they have but that doesn't even appear to be of interest to them. I've been pleased with my Texan overall but it has to be used within the limitations of it's chassis or it starts misbehaving. Frame flex is a big issue, the Lothar Walther barrels appear to be an issue these days and not just for AF, the bell curve (not much of an issue on a big bore though), fill in the rest of the blanks.
I'm in the market for a second .25 PCP and had thought about a Condor with an add on regulator. By the time I buy everything, pay tax and shipping, and assemble it with no issues I'm in the range of a repeater with a factory reg and for not much more can take a rather decent step up in quality of platform altogether.

Reactions: c_m_shooter
By the time I buy everything, pay tax and shipping, and assemble it with no issues I'm in the range of a repeater with a factory reg and for not much more can take a rather decent step up in quality of platform altogether.
I, too, have been looking at something new in .25, and even starting with a used gun, I came to the same conclusion.

Reactions: IndyDurtdigger
It would be nice to see them work on some of the known platform issues they have but that doesn't even appear to be of interest to them. I've been pleased with my Texan overall but it has to be used within the limitations of it's chassis or it starts misbehaving. Frame flex is a big issue, the Lothar Walther barrels appear to be an issue these days and not just for AF, the bell curve (not much of an issue on a big bore though), fill in the rest of the blanks.
I'm in the market for a second .25 PCP and had thought about a Condor with an add on regulator. By the time I buy everything, pay tax and shipping, and assemble it with no issues I'm in the range of a repeater with a factory reg and for not much more can take a rather decent step up in quality of platform altogether.
I, too, have been looking at something new in .25, and even starting with a used gun, I came to the same conclusion.
Fellas have you ever considered an AGT Uragan? 100% solid airguns with outstanding performance. Priced right around the midrange of the airgun market but with premium performance.

The funny thing about this is that the first thing I buy for any new gun I buy is a single shot tray or loader. I find my accuracy improves when I treat any gun as a single shot.

On another note, my favorite powder burners are TC Contender break action single shots.
IMG_1757.JPG

Reactions: IndyDurtdigger
Fellas have you ever considered an AGT Uragan? 100% solid airguns with outstanding performance. Priced right around the midrange of the airgun market but with premium performance.
Is that a good slug rifle? Own a farm and the pests I deal with tend to be larger and often at longer range than I've found pellets suitable for. Whatever I end up going with being able to handle slugs is a must. Don't know if I'm on the right track or not but been going back and forth between a RAW or a Katrin X HP. Don't really want another FX.

I wonder when be possible that Air Force Airguns comes with a magazine , untill now only single shots only, this is forever? Jeezz
Having spoken with the designer of the platform previously, On that topic .... it is what it is and the design to likely remain as-is.
While versions or operational updates have and will continue with time, design as it is today sounded like nothing new was coming in the AF line.

With RAW coming on board with the AF crew a few years ago, that's where the growth & R&D efforts are more likely to go IMO :unsure: