MROD GEN2 Weight Loss Program (Video)

Well, New Years Resolutions are always made to lose weight and here is my MROD GEN2 .22 keeping its promise to lose a few pounds. I upgrade the heavy steel air tube with an Aluminum Cylinder and man does it lighten up the rifle!

The rifle will be torn down and reassembled with an Aluminum Air Cylinder, SS Balanced Valve, Super Hammer, TSS GEN2 and Huma regulator. The rifle will weigh almost 2 pounds less when this is all said and done. The MROD had most of these modifications already installed but I never documented the installation but have been promising you guys that I would, well here it is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_py1NN6FI
https://player.vimeo.com/video/256977663

Enjoy!

MOD EDIT: Please remain on topic. Haji goes out of his way to share different products & procedures. Challenging his content is fine, but challenging his character only deters him & others from sharing their experience with the community.

Would the moderator who changed my rep,y please send me a PM. I made ZERO challenges to anyone's credibility.

Nice vid detailed and informative. I have to agree with BigTinBoat, as someone that had the 10/22 mentality, I went the WAR valve, helium, 10#,12#, springs, and the list goes on. I felt like a dog chasing his tail, I never quite got it. Power was simple buy it in a Korean, or Airforce. Accuracy and air efficiency the same thing it's cheaper in the long run, and you'll get more return when you sell. To your credit with your egg hitting and pesting you did create one great shooting platform.

This is an idea I came up with last year in 2017, the original thread can be found here even with it getting interest of Travis @ JSAR...
https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=127412.0

Its funny if you google "marauder aluminum air tube" my thread/post comes up top. lol...although in my custom build I took the stock rifle weight of 7.3 lbs down to 4.9 lbs for nearly 2.5 lbs weight loss...you think 1.5 lbs makes a difference try 2.5 ;)

The aluminum air tube is by far the most expensive mod (150$ for my material + cnc time) I have done and I did it personally to push the envelope on modding a marauder, cause why not! I wanted to shed weight...if I had to outsource all my modifications to the likes of JSAR for 500+ bucks then I would be kicking myself for spending more on mods than what the rifle costs...my valve makes 60 fpe on the stock spring just like JSAR's, my valve cost me less than 30$ (simple seat reduction + small .25 poppet)....my custom ssg's cost 10$ and I have 4 of them each tuned and different power levels and easily swapped, you can order enough material to make 10 MDS hammers for the cost of 1 from anyone else...

If this 'package' of modifications didn't cost nearly 500$ compared to my 250$ DIY version which imo meets or exceeds performance, I'd feel different...economically it just doesn't make sense. I paid 150$ for my tube that was a one off job...why are these being mass produced at the same cost...idk? Maybe to match my one-off cost I noted in my thread? Hmmm...

Thanks for the great video Hajimoto.

It’s true that by the time you’ve done all these modification it’s still just a MROD and cost about the same as other out of the box highend rifles. I think these mods are worth the investment if someone who is tight on money or don’t want to spend $1k+ at one time and want to build a very good shooter little by little. Also airgunners will learn and understand how all the components work during the process. The main reason why I’m building one too is the MROD can easily be repaired with a lot of available parts. 

The video is a great tear down and reassembly resource whether you use stock or custom components. I'd like to point out that the Marauder can be tuned for lower fill pressures making decent performance with a pump or scuba tank without having to invest in a SCBA tank or compressor. If you got your gun used you have more $ to budget on mods. I'm considering the Hill components for my .25 to get more shots from a fill.
While I have 3 PCPs and what I have in them would get me one high end gun, I'd then have to invest in a higher pressure fill set up. 

The hard part about trying to share anything with a community is that you open yourself up to criticism and judgment from all of those that do not do. There are some of us that when we find joy in something, we try and share that happiness with others, we want to give some back because it just feels selfish to keep it all to yourself. We try and share that experience or feeling. It's like the good friend or neighbor who wants to share photos of the vacation they came back from or that really nice photo of the successful fishing trip that produced a really nice catch. I think it is unkind to look at the photos and judge their experience from any position other than gratitude and thanks as they are sharing their joy. If you read through most of the responses to my offering to the group, you will detect a trend. A trend that applies ones rational and disposition to an experience that they themselves did not publically share. 

I am not a wealthy man but I always enjoy the journey and I love to have friends along for that experience. If they can't be there for it live, i'll share content later so they can live with me later. It is my belief that to look at someone else's journey and make comments that they somehow are not in sync with the economics of the times or viewing what is being shared and making accusations to the sincerity of the content is downright shameful. I will not engage folks in negative exchanges as I feel it degrades the community as a whole. The folks that are on the sidelines that read but will never join in do so because they do not want to be attacked by the negative trolls which again hurts the community.

My character is being challenged in some of these responses and I suggest they read my articles and watch ALL of my videos and they may get a clear picture of my character. I choose to climb Mt. Everest and it takes me 5 attempts, do not apply your helicopter to the top disposition to my experiences. Just enjoy the positive and hopefully entertaining content being shared. Please do not interpret this post as some ultra-sensitive snowflake that cant take adversity, it's not that, its simply observing rude behavior and calling it out accordingly.

Just know that I will never concede to the trolls and stop doing what I am doing. I am not owned by anyone and share my experiences independently and openly to the community at large. I am willing to bet that the trolls too at one time tried and somehow let their failure taint everything they see, I can only hope I never reach that level of unhappiness.

For those of you that offer your appreciation for the work that goes into these videos, thank you, for those of you that gained some level of usefulness from what I offer, I am happy and proud.

Thanks guys and gals

Reactions: sonny and Dairyboy
"Hajimoto"The hard part about trying to share anything with a community is that you open yourself up to criticism and judgment from all of those that do not do. There are some of us that when we find joy in something, we try and share that happiness with others, we want to give some back because it just feels selfish to keep it all to yourself. We try and share that experience or feeling. It's like the good friend or neighbor who wants to share photos of the vacation they came back from or that really nice photo of the successful fishing trip that produced a really nice catch. I think it is unkind to look at the photos and judge their experience from any position other than gratitude and thanks as they are sharing their joy. If you read through most of the responses to my offering to the group, you will detect a trend. A trend that applies ones rational and disposition to an experience that they themselves did not publically share. 
I am not a wealthy man but I always enjoy the journey and I love to have friends along for that experience. If they can't be there for it live, i'll share content later so they can live with me later. It is my belief that to look at someone else's journey and make comments that they somehow are not in sync with the economics of the times or viewing what is being shared and making accusations to the sincerity of the content is downright shameful. I will not engage folks in negative exchanges as I feel it degrades the community as a whole. The folks that are on the sidelines that read but will never join in do so because they do not want to be attacked by the negative trolls which again hurts the community.
My character is being challenged in some of these responses and I suggest they read my articles and watch ALL of my videos and they may get a clear picture of my character. I choose to climb Mt. Everest and it takes me 5 attempts, do not apply your helicopter to the top disposition to my experiences. Just enjoy the positive and hopefully entertaining content being shared. Please do not interpret this post as some ultra-sensitive snowflake that cant take adversity, it's not that, its simply observing rude behavior and calling it out accordingly.
Just know that I will never concede to the trolls and stop doing what I am doing. I am not owned by anyone and share my experiences independently and openly to the community at large. I am willing to bet that the trolls too at one time tried and somehow let their failure taint everything they see, I can only hope I never reach that level of unhappiness.
For those of you that offer your appreciation for the work that goes into these videos, thank you, for those of you that gained some level of usefulness from what I offer, I am happy and proud.
Thanks guys and gals
Amen!

This video is also just a very good tear down video that all noobs can watch to learn how to tear it down easily. Appreciate your work!

The weight of the stock mrod is why I no longer own one. I wish I had seen this sooner. I would have kept it and made it better. One guy suggested you could have done this or should have done that. Who cares what he thinks. To me, it looks like you took something you already had and made is far better. For you. 

Thank you for sharing this fine work. I, too, hope to contribute something similar in the future. 

Good job. I enjoyed this work and thanks for sharing it with guys like me. I'm certainly no air gun mechanic. I'm actually a klutz when it comes to working on them...
But this kind of sharing has allowed me to much more enjoy the air rifle hobby with things like this video that lets me do some of my own playing.. I too wondered at times why I spent all the money on a snyrod and then added a MMHF barrel and then spent money on a huma regulator. It was all for fun. I own a $1500 laminated FX gun in 25 cal. Great gun for sure. But it now sets in the corner collecting expensive dust while I much prefer shooting my own sorta modified Marauder. And the Marauder is just as accurate. "VERY Accurate" That is what has become much more air gun fun for this old guy. Forget what it cost. The fun was worth it. Resale value. Not so much. But lots of enjoyment none the less. I'm actually going to sell trade off my FX gun since I discovered how much more this brings to my air gun pleasure. So thank Haji... Brian Smith

Hajimoto,
Keep your videos, etc. coming. They are very well presented and I for one really enjoy them Even when the video covers someting I am already well versed in, it is always good to see another persons take on the subject. I firmly believe that a person never stops learning.

If someone doesn't want to spend the money on all the mods, fine. Does it make the airgun better, or just more fun and enjoyable? I'd hate to add up all the money and time I've spent on modding the Crosman 2240, but every penny of it was well spent just for the enjoyment.

Keep doing what you do. That was a great video on disassembly and reassembly of the Marauder.

Now, got any more videos coming on the Gauntlet?

"BigTinBoat"MOD EDIT: Please remain on topic. Haji goes out of his way to share different products & procedures. Challenging his content is fine, but challenging his character only deters him & others from sharing their experience with the community.
Would the moderator who changed my rep,y please send me a PM. I made ZERO challenges to anyone's credibility.
Your issue was that my post to announce my video referred to the manufacturer too many times and stated that it was really nothing more than an advertisement. Call it poor writing skills but I am in no way peddling anything other than information. If the amount of times that I list a manufacturers name warrants accusational commentary one most wonder if there are sensitivities that need to be addressed beyond content. In an attempt to have a more readable from a format or syntax perspective, I have eliminated all references to the manufacturer as that seemed to be the issue.

Thanks Haji. I like how you went back and forth from the project to the exploded view to make sure the viewer knew which part and the correct orientation as you assembled. That would have been very helpful to me when I first started. I'm hoping to pass a link somehow to my buddy in Kansas who is having a leak. He is very car mechanical so I know he could replace a couple of o-rings. This would help him for sure.

Again, thanks for the time and effort it takes to make this kind of contribution to the community. I appreciate it.

Crusher