• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Mounting scope with different mounts..

I'm very curious if I can bypass spending $100 for the FX adjustable mount (saving for my PCP rifle and the accessories I'm gonna need for it) by putting a taller mount and a slightly smaller one of the same make to lower the scopes zero down. I've looked all over on youtube but I can't seem to find a video doing what I'm asking, so I was hoping someone would give me a heads up on if that is a good idea or a problem waiting to happen.

unless you are shooting very very far distances (in airgun relation) like 130-200 meters with a lower power heavy pellet there are no need for the adjustable scope mounts .

having had multiple hw100 with hawke sidewinders i have never had need for a droop compensting mount or adjustable mount , and i have had a 177 set up to shoot 10,3 grain at about 870-880 all the way out to over 150 meters ... never needed such mounts .
only used mounts by bkl or sportmatch .

on lower power guns tho i have had a picatinny rail with a built in tilt (a 0.5 degree lower front than rear) to allow for longer shooting distances (now im talking about 7,5-16 joule energy wepons)

hope you get your pcp gun soon and see how fun they are :D

Burris makes scope rings with plastic inserts and you can buy different inserts to raise or lower or shift side to side depending on how you place the inserts. They are not cheap but they work great and do not mar the scope plus because of there design the scope stays aligned they have a concave shape that allows them to align properly. Google them Midway among many other sell them they are called Burris Posi align rings.

Mike