• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Motörhead’s AG tuning

I bought an Air Arms s500 from a member here about a year ago. While it performed good , I could never get the groups from it that I got from my regulated guns.

Finally decided to send it to Scott ( Motörhead ) for a regulator install and tune, all I can say is WOW , it shoots as good as my 2 crickets, single hole at 40 yards.

Haven’t had a chance to shoot it beyond that. But that was really all I wanted, as this will be for squirrel hunting in Alabama, not many shots even to that range in the thick woods I hunt in.

Many thanks to Scott , and would definitely recommend him as the one , especially for Air Arms.

Tracker90

I bought an Air Arms s500 from a member here about a year ago. While it performed good , I could never get the groups from it that I got from my regulated guns.

Finally decided to send it to Scott ( Motörhead ) for a regulator install and tune, all I can say is WOW , it shoots as good as my 2 crickets, single hole at 40 yards.

Haven’t had a chance to shoot it beyond that. But that was really all I wanted, as this will be for squirrel hunting in Alabama, not many shots even to that range in the thick woods I hunt in.

Many thanks to Scott , and would definitely recommend him as the one , especially for Air Arms.

Tracker90

When you tune(let's say a pro-sport) do you include a tune certificate with before and aft. stats. and degree of tune?
On a certificate .. Nope.
Spring guns are for ever changing there "State of tune" due to air temp, humidity and a spring that takes a set then slowly sacks out over time.
Do provide if asked for a "Before" & always state an "After" & State what was done loosely, but never specifics ;)

Thank you Sir.
Quang,
Shoot it for a while , then send it to him. You will not be disappointed. If I was to buy new I would have it sent to him first to avoid extra shipping.
Mitch
Hi MH,
Thank you for your advice and I will. I want to get HW50 in .177 but it was not in stock. Would you suggest .177 or .22?
Thanks Mitch

I have known Scott (Motörhead) for many years.
He has serviced most all of my springers (a one PCP in particular) over the years.
His advice in his last comment hits the nail on the head.
While I know there are some who want to “tune” a springer right away, you should shoot it first.
1000 times.
It might take that long for the spring and piston to settle in.
Then, if the performance is not what you hoped for or the “TWANG” is something you cannot deal with, by all means send it to Scott right away.
Remember, just like when you may have dealt with a PB gunsmith, an airgun smith has a life and enjoys the fruits of his labors Too.
Scott is a past National HFT Champion and he can be again whenever he wants to spend the time at the practice range.
He needs to do that.
Your rifle or handgun will get his service on a first in, first out time table.
You do not want to texting him or PMing him on a daily basis.
I guarantee you will be very pleased with service.