• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Most Inexpensive Nightscope

I have a home built near eye unit and a Photon XT. I would say that they are comparable to each other as far as image and range with the right illuminator. The home built will run 12+ hours on 2 18650 Panasonic batteries. The Photon will run about 2-3 hours on 2 AA batteries. The home built can be used on any scope without rezeroing. The Photon is a dedicated NV scope for 1 gun, unless you can write down or remember the X & Y settings for the different guns. I can record with both but need a DVR to do so. To be honest, I use the home built more than I use the Photon due to its interchangability and battery life. You can view the results from the home built on talonairgunforum in the hunting section. Look for Barn Rats 2018. Keep in mind the actual image is way better than the recorded version.

I use an ATN X Sight 4K Pro. Great picture at night. I wish it had a better Day time picture. Lots of “NON WORKING ADVERTISED FEATURES” LOTS OF BUGS. 

But for basic night time ratting and such, the picture is great. Pair it with the ATN Rangefinder and it’s a lot of fun. The range finder tells the scope your target distance and the scopes zeroes your reticle to that distance. Looks very close to a regular scope which I like. You can have up to 6 guns programmed into the scope so you can move it to a different host without loosing your programming. I wish it was lighter but nothing is perfect. MSRP IS 800 but I’ve seen it on eBay for about 500.00